Need advise.

Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hello everyone I need some advice on Mushu. He is almost a year old and I know the protein needs to be cut down from daily soon if not now- I have missed a day feeding him a dubia or three and I noticed he gets LAZY with none being fed to him. The times I fed him dubias and let him roam he ran! And I mean ran around. Went up and down the stairs following me. He’d go to the window and sunbathe for a few then run away to the other side of house. He eats his salads daily if not two times a day and rarely he ate three. The few times he didn’t get any he didn’t want to explore. He didn’t want to do anything. My advice I need is do I HAVE to lower the amount of days when he’s one to a few times a week for dubias? Why exactly do they need to be cut down? Does every bearded dragon NEED to have protein cut down?

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
being young there diet is like 80% protien and 20% veg, then later 50% each then later like a year it should be 80% veg and 20% protien, it does like a lil flip lol and yes everyones dragon does but I think a few dubias like 2-3 times a week isnt bad if im correct

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
His size dictates when you cut protein back. As long as he is still growing feed protein, once he is at adult size and is just filling out, thats when you back it back.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom