Need advice for lg plant / climbing structure (out of viv)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Hey all, hope it's good!

(I tried to post this already and looks like it disappeared, apologies if this is a duplicate post)

So Tifa is about 7 months or so now and we're trusting her a little more to hang out with us for a while outside her viv here and there. She loves chilling on us for warmth and to watch TV but she loves exploring and climbing around even more. Her favorite spot has become this little 4ft houseplant that she can jump into off the sofa. Once she's in there, she does not EVER want to leave, and she looks really happy )

108608-6370192291.jpg

Here's the thing, the plant is kinda low to the ground (small dog territory), there's a big pot of soil she could fall into below, and frankly I'm surprised she hasn't yet because those leaves are pretty flimsy and she has a hard time securing herself. And she's only getting bigger by the day.

I've been looking at lots of types of houseplants online, mostly fake but some real, trying to figure out what I could buy for her that would provide a little more height, be less messy, and have branches (or whatever) that support her weight just fine and let's her play around comfortably. But I couldn't find any tips on the matter so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any neat suggestions for us.

I'm open to it not being a plant at all, I just thought it would be cool if she had a safe (and stimulating) personal spot in the room. Any advice warmly welcomed :)

Thanks all!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you looking for a live or an artificial plant/tree for her?
You could also opt for a large grapevine type of larger & thicker type of log for her to hang
out on, too.

Tracie

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Thanks Tracie )

I'm not sure I have a preference for a real plant or fake other than I assume an artificial one is overall more sanitary to have your beardie hanging out on.

And I haven't seen any massive grapevine-type logs around but can start looking as she does like that kind of wood for sure. I guess I was thinking of a leafy plant/tree because she really seems to like foliage and climbing around the leaves/stalks.

I was just wondering if other people kept any plants or 'chill spots' for theirs in their house outside the viv, and what people use if they do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom