Natural Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
107375-1665385221.jpg
This substrate has not been properly looked at by a few only hut who've tried it. It's not just a bag of sand but is an actual soil with sizable rocks twigs and leaves from their actual continent Australia
107375-9540897132.jpg
It is very bioactive friendly . I use it in my Bioactuve myself which proven to myself the best bioactive mix is this substrate and Biodudes Terra Terra saraha. Substrate holds a natural color looks better when mixed in my opinion but has great consistency and composition does great with plants and clean up crew it holds and drains water well keeps humidity perfect it holds burrows decently byt holds burrows great when mixed his doesn't even sum it all up ReptiFiles dive deep into it like everything else here's there review which is as accurate as everything else shes said https://reptifiles.com/product-review-jurassic-natural-australian-desert-dragon-habitat/

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wickedpogana":2kw7cwli said:
It's not just a bag of sand but is an actual soil with sizable rocks twigs and leaves from their actual continent Australia
This is a quote from the very site you linked to:
I was surprised to find a variety of particle sizes present, from pieces the size of fine gravel all the way to microscopic silt.
I also noted that it was free of contaminants like plant matter
It is just a bag of sand.

And also, in the link you posted:
Limited bioactive compatibility — Due to the uniformity of its composition, this substrate is not very bioactive compatible. Better to layer on top for a bioactive substrate.
If you want to use it, be my guest. But it is nothing more than an overpriced bag of sand.

-Brandon

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":2ssvl589 said:
Wickedpogana":2ssvl589 said:
It's not just a bag of sand but is an actual soil with sizable rocks twigs and leaves from their actual continent Australia
This is a quote from the very site you linked to:
I was surprised to find a variety of particle sizes present, from pieces the size of fine gravel all the way to microscopic silt.
I also noted that it was free of contaminants like plant matter
It is just a bag of sand.

And also, in the link you posted:
Limited bioactive compatibility — Due to the uniformity of its composition, this substrate is not very bioactive compatible. Better to layer on top for a bioactive substrate.
If you want to use it, be my guest. But it is nothing more than an overpriced bag of sand.

-Brandon
Isn't even a quote from the article didnt think it was and checked the article and it isn't lol. You've said it yourself you know nothing about bioactive enclosures . Playsand is a horrible thing to house them on. This soil helps keep an arid system as it's good at holding in moisture in middle layers while staying dry ontop not affecting humidity but letting your micro culture thrive still while this soil stays compact but is aerated enough to not have mold growth is not dusty at all and holds a great burrow which playsand does none of the above since adding this into my bioactive my plants has thanked me and showed me with growth because I've already had plants growing that was native to her region . Is not overpriced when your outing to go the best and of course I wasn't using this just straight only but mixing with other things that are great at replicating a safe natural representation of their home and give them the stimuli they deserve for being such great companions

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wickedpogana":h1bvonz6 said:
Isn't even a quote from the article didnt think it was and checked the article and it isn't lol.
Ugh, are you seriously going to make me post pictures of the article you linked to with the quotes I pulled from it?

31715-8618603134.jpg
31715-9732675724.jpg

I suggest reading the articles you post as proof of your own thoughts before insinuating that i'm lying or making it up.

-Brandon

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
107375-2500843997.jpg
107375-4974039099.jpg
107375-1101578391.jpg
107375-6863615047.jpg
Can actually see a little of the substrate itself in the first pic is a mixture of things to make it a really healthy bioactive like Granulated corkboard which itself is an anti microbial and antifungal but the micro fauna loves it so it does well only seen it on amazon GRANULATED CORKBARK biodude bell's flats but this is like a super juice for your cultures haha in conclusion it is very compatible with bioactive setups as mine flourishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom