Natural Lighting

After the encouragement of @KarrieRee, I was able have Rocky out in natural sunlight today. We stayed LONGER than 15 minutes. Okay, as you know, Rocky is like no other (beardie) so he has to obtain his sunlight while sitting inside of the vehicle. If you see the attached pictures, you will see pictures that illustrate when we were parked. The windows were down and I checked the UVB exposure to make sure this method was effective, LOL. When Rocky was too warm, he moved over under the steering wheel. Next goal...OUTSIDE OF THE CAR! View attachment 74020
20220915_124311.jpg
20220915_123445.jpg

Attachments

• 20220915_122506 (2).jpg
    20220915_122506 (2).jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 74

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
After the encouragement of @KarrieRee, I was able have Rocky out in natural sunlight today. We stayed LONGER than 15 minutes. Okay, as you know, Rocky is like no other (beardie) so he has to obtain his sunlight while sitting inside of the vehicle. If you see the attached pictures, you will see pictures that illustrate when we were parked. The windows were down and I checked the UVB exposure to make sure this method was effective, LOL. When Rocky was too warm, he moved over under the steering wheel. Next goal...OUTSIDE OF THE CAR! View attachment 74020 View attachment 74018 View attachment 74019
Why does Rocky haft to sit in a car for uvb ? The window will block 30% uvb it's like a window in a house+ it's filtered - he needs direct sunlight

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Why does Rocky haft to sit in a car for uvb ? The window will block 30% uvb it's like a window in a house+ it's filtered - he needs direct sunlight
No he was on my lap with the window down, LOL we were waiting on someone. I am working towards prolonged periods of full outside sun. You know WE need help, give us time. (I should've reminded you that we spoke the other day as Rocky is an inside beardie and I shared with you that Rocky doesn't like being outside and tends to want to go right back inside). So this was major. Window down- Rocky on my lap looking out. One step at a time.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I forgot to mention (but it's apparent in the picture)- another shed began...I am getting excited- Rocky is going to so big so soon!!! (I know, I will wish for these days again) but I am excited to see his development.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Actually what your doing with the car is effective, the more stimuli you introduce them to, the more they learn to not be timid. It took us almost 3 years to get Zen to be comfortable in the car, but now he loves it.
I love that first pic, he is a handsome lil dude.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
@xp29 My phone died but there is a picture I need to upload with him actually by the window. Yesterday was a great day for Rocky. He came in, played a lot then went to sleep just a little earlier as if he worked a full day! That's my Rocky!:love: As much as I "can't wait for him to get older" and this and that...I think it's evident I enjoy each and every moment...pause for an upcoming funny story.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Its good when you post stories, it help bring light to the fun side of having a beardie. I think there should be more stories like yours. Tbh sometimes is depressing reading about all the problems beardies suffer, good stories help lighten the mood :)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Perfect timing AS USUAL.... I just posted and now see this. I now see that I have to hit "my and watched posts" because I am still not seeing everything.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
yeah I'm having problems with replys and such showing up also.
Rocky says he will be driving Nascar within a couple weeks lol

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Aww look at Rocky enjoying the sun! I agree with xp29 that’s an ambitious face, watch your steering wheel!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
you know what's crazy, well me and Rocky but....I had to actually drive today and Rocky went to that exact spot. I walked to the car with him on my shoulder and planned to put him in the carrier. Rocky tends to jump - and as soon as he got in, he went to that EXACT spot. The day of the picture was the first and only time he was in that spot. I'm guessing his instincts told him to go back? He didn't fight me about his carrier but I thought that was interesting. Rocky has been in my car plenty of times...when I put him in the carrier, he knows to hang on to the netting LOL
Hey, in my mother's car, the poor thing tried to jump out of the window! THANK GOD the window was up. He was on my shoulder and she made a sharp turn....he was trying to save his life. I can't blame him but she knew that would be the end of her! She said it, not me but I totally agree!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yeah ya got to be careful with the windows, i never drive with mine down enough for them to jump out if any of my guy are on my shoulder.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom