Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
sweetiepie9":q7jnxyr1 said:
He does and he also managed to jump over the 2 barriers leading behind the TV & that's where I found him. So I've learned I can't turn my back on him for a second, already :lol:
:laughing6: He's already got you on your toes, huh? What a lil stinker.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
He is, but it's ok, he's young and I have to get used to having a young light dragon in the house.

Esther, your hungry thoughts worked, Puff ate at least 10 supers and cleaned out her greens bowl already, she'll get another batch when she goes back into her tank. She was running all over the living room eating supers, it was wonderful to see. I moved the toy airplane and discovered an egg underneath, but a very old egg, no saying how long it had been there.

So Nathaniel had a bath, it was interesting, he put air in his belly to float, but didn't keep his head up, so I picked him up, made sure the air was out, took out some water and put him back in. Before his bath he got calcium, B vit and acidophilus. He hasn't eaten anything this am, put some roaches in his bowl along with the few phoenix worms left. Not giving him any more supers until I see a poop.

So after bath, I took Puff out to run around for supers, then I brought Nathaniel out to introduce him. Well Puff put on a complete display, low bobs, & putting her butt in the air. Nathaniel looked at her as if she was a very strange creature, he puffed his beard out a tiny bit, then looked at me "Mom, shouldn't I be in my tank?" So he went back home and I told Puff he was way too young and she's just a hussy. I hope this means there won't be any more eggs. Her favourites are sound asleep, even though she's been under Gabriel's tank ever since she got no response from Nathaniel. What a little trollop she is :lol:

So I did get a couple of pictures of Nathaniel in his first bath here, he looks so unimpressed :mrgreen:

And here he is in his new tank (there are alot of reflections, but you can see what spot he's chosen for his basking, he loves that log:

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
Deb, Nathaniel is so cute. I love the helping you with the computer pics and the bath pics :D.

Look at Puff acting so innocent and folding her cute widdle feet :p. She is a really cute girl :D

Didi looks so much better 8)

Sabrina

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Congratulations Deb. :blob5: :p :blob8: Nathaniel is adorable. Love the pattern on his back & I suspect he is going to get even more orange coloring popping out at least around his ears. He's small built it seems but he doesn't really look thin.

It's amazing how comfortable he was with you right away and stayed right in your coat as you went to all those places, what a good boy. :D He trusted you right from the very beginning and you have bonded already. :wink: I'm sure he'll eat for you tomorrow. Must seem odd (but good) having a young beardie in your household again. He looks very comfortable in front of the computer and in his tank basking. His eyes look nice & bright too.

What a good girl Puff was running around & eating all those supers & salad. Guess she got Esther's vibes and it helped. :p She'll be putting on wt in no time. Plus, now she has a new male to impress, hope she doesn't start producing more eggs. Those pictures of her with her legs & feet together were just too cute and she knows it :lol: .

Didi looks great. SO much better! What an improvement in just a few months. Bet your vet will be very surprised when she sees him.

Bet your boys were both glad when their baths were done so they could go back to sleep.

You must be so tired, what a busy day you had. We are all so happy for you.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Goodness gracious! Puff doesn't care that Nathaniel is only a baby compared to her other boys, huh? A little trollop is right! :lol:
I had to laugh when I read "putting her butt in the air". MoMo did the same to Pookie during the summer. First time I'd seen anyone do that.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Oh dear, oh dear. Miss Puff is being just scandalous! And Nathaniel is just adorable. You'll need to talk to Puff about robbing the cradle. Tsk, tsk! :shock:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Sabrina, glad you popped in, he is a cutie but I'm so used to my heavy crew that he seems so light in comparison. And he can sure fly around :lol: He loves Lonzo's big log, can't seem to stay off it. Makes me wonder why I had to buy that basking thingy for him when he now basks on the log, but who knew? So that's now his basking spot, at the other end of the log. He sleeps snuggled up to that log, too, so cute. So he can use that other thing for a hide, so I don't have to get him one. At least for now.

He ate so much yesterday, he needs to do a poop in the morning to make sure he digests the small supers he ate. So bath every morning for awhile at least. He didn't eat anything today, but I think he sat underneath his UVB for most of the day. So we'll see about tomorrow, meanwhile I bought 200 crickets and he won't eat any. Figures, right? I'll toss some into his tank tomorrow, just to make sure. But only a few. He took to the liquid calcium ok, luckily it's only a few drops a day, and just a drop of vit/min on Sat and Sun. I really can't get over how light he is, I'm really hoping he'll grow some more. I'll be weighing him every week, as I did when Rubio and Issy were little.

I know, Gina, Puff is a hussy. Poor Nathaniel had no idea what she was or why she was doing that strange bobbing thing, but he didn't fuss at all, a little puff of his beard, then a puzzled look at me & back in his tank he went.

Hi Diane, glad you like him, I think he's going to have some colour pop out, maybe yellows, hard to tell, he's still so young.

And doesn't Puff look so sweet & innocent? But we know that she's not :lol:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Angus did the same with crickets. Once the dubias came, no more crickets for him! Any news on your parents' offer? I hope you get some good rest. I'm off to bed as I have to leave before 7 tomorrow for a meeting. :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I was going to post last night but went to bed instead. My folks offer was approved :D :D :D

I'm so happy for them, they move Feb 16, which gives them lots of time to get the stuff out of the house they don't need.

I can't get over to see them this weekend, but I will the next weekend and it will be good to see them. My brother Richard is going to drive them to my other brother Dave & Annika's for Xmas dinner, so we'll all be there to celebrate. It's going to be alot of fun. I'll have been there the night b4, too, plus that morning. Then I'll run over to my place, check the babies and back for dinner. It's going to be an awesome Xmas!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Wow, Nathaniel is like a little vacuum cleaner :lol: First day he ate about 100 phoenix worms, plus 4 small supers. Yesterday he ate about 15 dubia and a few more phoenix worms (out of his bowl :mrgreen: ) and today he ate about 60 med crickets this am, still has some roaches and phoenix worms in his bowl. No poop though, so will keep working on that. Had his bath, drank down his calcium and B vit, he's getting used to the syringe, which is great. And of course, lots of snuggles, he is already a complete snuggle bum. I'm so in love with him :love5: I also put some greens in a small bowl for him, to see if he'll eat them.

Puff didn't want to eat this am, so put worms in her bowl, plus her greens. She's finally done with eggs :D Hopefully she'll take a break now.

I didn't give Didi his medicine or cream for the last couple of days and his eye is starting to puff, so I'll starting giving him the treatment again. I'm going to have my vet check his eye, he had conjunctivitis last time but didn't dare give him anti-biotic drops when I was fighting this fungus. So we'll get that sorted on Saturday.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So I got some more pictures of Nathaniel, he's such a cutie :D

But first a picture of Didi:

I thought he was closing his eye, he was because he was napping, so I gave him his regular med, then put cream only on his mouth. His eye looks so much better I want to wait to see the vet to make sure it's ok, the see if I even have to put more cream on his eye.

So here's pics of Nathan. He had a bath & he swam all over the place, it was too funny. No poop yet, but hopefully tomorrow, or I'll have a present waiting for me tonight, we'll see.

These are pics of him on his basking spot, trying to escape :lol:

Starting to tilt:

Ooops, where's he go??? :mrgreen:

"I didn't try to escape, honest Mom". Shades of Puff :lol:

Pondering how else to escape?

I'm hoping that he'll eat his greens today, but will find out tonight. I would love nothing more than to stay home with him, but at least I'll have time with him this weekend.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
sweetiepie9":p7xzog5n said:
Ooops, where's he go??? :mrgreen:
005_zpsbb1bfa3b.jpg

Pondering how else to escape?
007_zpsa4c5cf1c.jpg
The last photo of Nathaniel "disappearing" cracked me up! Squirt does that, too.

I absolutely love how Puff sits with her hands folded like that. So lady-like :lol:

Congrats to your parents for having their house offer accepted! Now onto cleaning out their current house.

sweetiepie9":p7xzog5n said:
I would love nothing more than to stay home with him
I know exactly what you mean/how you feel. I wish I could stay at home every day with my babies. Nothing would make me happier.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I love how he puts his front paws together. Reminds me of an evil genius. You should get him a cat plus because every evil villain has a cat!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that your parents' offer for the condo was approved. :p Will be so much easier for them. They must be very excited.

Wow, Nathaniel has quite the appetite, doesn't he? He's quite the eating machine! :lol: Looks so content in his tank and absolutely adorable the way he sat with his legs folded and toes together. :love10: He sure looks sweet.

Love his disappearing act. :mrgreen: There one minute, gone the next, guess he's quicker than your camera. :lol: Great that he loves his baths too, bet he'll make a BIG poopy for you tomorrow.

Didi's eye does look a little inflammed unless it's just because it didn't have any cream on it.

I know what you mean too, it's so hard to leave our babies & go to work. :roll: We think about them all day.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I thought his eye was a bit inflamed, too, but tonight it looks normal, so I'm still going to wait until I see the vet to see what she thinks.

Nathaniel is keeping me hopping, now if only he'd poop. After all the bugs he's eaten I'm wondering about impaction, even though he pooped on Sunday morning in his bath. I'll be bringing out the pumpkin soon if he's not a good boy tomorrow. He sure digests well...

Isn't he just the face of innocence in those last 2 pics? And yes, he was faster than my camera, but it sure did look good, shows how really quick he is :D And light! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom