Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I will be glad to hear when everyone is off meds and eating like they are supposed to. I know it is hard to sit there and watch them loose weight and/or not grow, poor Spyro is 6 months old and not even 100 grams yet :(. Titan will start eating soon, that baytril is awful for their appetites.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Lindz, I know, it's awful. I just keep thinking of Spyro going through it so many times, but it's great to hear he's actually growing now & eating regularly and off meds!

Well I took matters into my own hands and even though Titan didn't like it, I force fed 30 little roaches into him. I just kept opening his mouth gently with my nail and popping them in, popping the next one in as he was licking his lips and he ate all 30 and a little superworm. I then weighed him and he's gained 10 grams, he's 240, so that was well worth it. I've become an expert as that's how I feed Lonzo his bugs, he won't eat them on his own & I was doing that for awhile with Didi, but he's now eating bugs on his own now. So I'll continue to do that with Titan; it doesn't do them any harm, just a lot of good!

I also weighed Gabriel and he's almost 550 grams, what a fatty. I weighed Rubio, too, and he's back up over 800g, 806 to be exact. I weighted Didi a couple of days ago and he was 434, so that's a great weight for him. And Lonzo is staying steady at 590 and Leo at 556, so they're all a good weight except for Titan and now I have hope that he'll keep gaining and only 2 more Baytril doeses! Yeah!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Geez Rubio is a big beardie! :shock: :shock:, Almost double the weight of Diva Didi. I am glad you got some bugs into Titan. I got my 2 outside today because it is nice here today. I am glad that you only have 2 days left on the baytril. I hated having to give it to Spyro. Spyro is gaining, he is 80 grams now so that makes me happy, getting closer to 100! I would like to have him to 100 grams withing 2 weeks. I am also glad Titan put on some weight! The panacur won't be as harsh on him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Lindz, I'm with you, I hate what the Baytril does to him. He'll get another bath later when I get home, I'm off to give my coco fibre away. Bunny really enjoys having just glass on the bottom of her tank, she's been on it more than ever, so I'm going to leave it that way, it's warm, too, plus easy to clean. I'm going to take all the papertowel out of Rocco's tank, too, he likes it just glass on the bottom, too. Guess my geckos are a bit unusual that way.

And LIndz, Spyro will gain a lot more weight in the days & weeks to come because he's getting such a kick out of eating and there's nothing wrong with him now. They bounce back so quickly once they're well. And don't forget that Titan is at least 8-9 mo old. I don't know how old he was when he came into the pet shop, so I'm just guessing, but he had to be at least 4-5 mo old then and that was 4 mo ago, so that does put him 8-9 mo old. Hard to tell, against the other adults he looks really small!

I just got home from training, did 400 reps, feel tired but satisfied, now just to get these extra 20 lbs off me, 10 to start, taking baby steps. It's great to be back, will work my way up to the 650 reps/hr I was doing last fall, just will take some time. My trainer is great in that she switches every 4 weeks to different exercises, mostly core, but still something to work all muscles in my body.

I also got some Arnica tablets to see if they will help my ankle, I always had Arnica cream around when Eric was younger, got rid of bruises very quickly, so will see if these tablets will help with the swelling and ligament and tissue damage, would love to be healed by the time I get into the MRI!

I also got an arthritic mix called Sierra Sil or Formula 14, it's been proven to lessen arthritic pain & since I have osteo arthritis in all my joints, I thought this might help. I gave the ingredients to my doc and she ok'd it for me. Said the list of minerals is good for me and I'm missing some in my diet, so it won't do any harm. Of course it was expensive, but I have a 3 mo supply, so will see if any difference by then. It won't affect my blood sugar, neither with the Arnica, so that's a good thing!

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Long time no talk deb I finally come back and there's another beardie idk what page I left on so what page can I read to hear about and see titans pics why did u end up getting him?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hey Mike, you'd have to go back to page 220 I think to see his first pictures. I got him because I'd been cuddling him at the petshop since January and finally got the $ together to buy him, a tank and lights (which come in next week or the week after). For now he's in Didi's tank, on meds for parasites and he's starting to shed the dark burned skin off. Didi is living on the ramp & is a very happy beardie, because he feels that's his real home :lol: So enjoy the read! And I'll be expecting an update on Zeus's thread, too.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Wow titans gorgeous I hope that burn gets better damn petshops always do something wrong I gotta go updat Zeus thread In abit so be expecting that congrats on Titan he's really yellow!!!!!! :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Goodness gracious! Gabriel is a big boy now! What a difference from when you first got him!

Deb, I'm sure Titan will start eating and gaining weight again once he's all done with the Baytril. Given he was such a good eater before, I'm certain that his lack of appetite is all because of the meds.

Rocco and Bunny probably like the bare glass bottom better because it's cooler.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Mike, he was burned by his previous owners and left at the pet shop. None of us are sure how the burning occurred, I mean, how do you burn the head of a beardie that badly. Luckily a lot of that gray stuff has now sluffed off and a bit more than 1/2 his head is his regular colour again, so I'm really pleased about that!

Hi Gina, I know, Gabriel is really big now, he was only 280g when I go him, he's a real fatty now :lol: And loves to eat, especially collard greens...Titan felt a whole lot better when he'd digested those roaches, so expecting to do the same thing tomorrow am, will try to get up earlier than usual so I can feed him at 9:30, have to give him at least 2 hours after the Baytril, to give him his Acidophiluz, found out if the meds aren't digested and still in his tummy, they'll kill the Acidophiluz, have to do the same for Leo, too. He really didn't like getting his meds this am, fought me a lot but I've found a better way to administer them from the vet, so he might not fight me as badly going forward, at least I hope not. He's a VERY strong beardie!

I know, Liz, isn't he huge, you don't notice so much when I take pics of him, unless he's beside one of the others, which is difficult because of the fighting, but I'll try it one day, just to show the difference. And that's not his highest weight, either, he can get up to 820g, makes for a heavy beardie at snuggle time!

take some pics of Titan and the others, and will post them as soon a photobucket is finished loading. See you later!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
He sure does take up lots of space and he's really heavy, too. When I'm standing up, his tail ends up past my waist. Not that I'm very tall, only 5'2" but still :lol:

So here are the latest pics:
Titan:
First time in the sun and he liked it :D

His first try at a black beard, it gets blacker every day:

He was asleep on the little table beside the computer, but the flash woke him up, "Hey keeps dat ting out of my face!" :lol:

On the couch, his black beard was only 1/2 when he caught sight of Didi on the ramp:

The picture's sideways, but notice how good the top of his head looks now, a bit more than 1/2 of the gray peeled off!

And I did get pics of the rest of the crew, too, even though I do take more of Titan than the others :roll: He's just so new :lol:
Find the dragon :lol: Rubio tried to hide underneath the spruce leaves that he's had since he was a baby, you can see the top of his head and his tail, not bad hiding for a huge dragon :lol:

Holding onto his pillow on his bed on his cool side "It's too hots in here, mom" He did make his point very clear :lol: It was about 78F in the apartment at that time.

Leo was on his cool side, too, they all made it clear that it was too hot!

Lonzo's pic came out wrong side up, don't know what's with my camera :banghead:

Diva Didi, on HIS ramp, he likes to sit on the pillows, out from under the power sun & was very colourful, too.

Gabriel was napping with his head on his Bailey houses, he likes to do this after he's done his best to knock them all down. Any left standing are napping material :lol:

That's all for now :lol: But there will be more, bet on it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom