Naming my Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
First of all, it would be helpful to know the sex of my beardie (See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=175833 )

I wanted to name him Spike, but I've found a vast number of dragons named "Spike" online. Is this like naming your dog "Spot"? If so, I have some other ideas:

• Normal Norman
    Chase
    Icarus
    Grover
    Oscar
    Bert
    Ernie
    Sydney
    Darwin
    Uluru
    Irwin
    Taz
    Aussie (Ozzie)
    Puff

Mariah94

Juvie Member
First off, as was said in the previous thread, we cannot sex a beardie unless we see pictures of the vent. But beardie really is too young to be positive of the sex for quite some time. I would just be patient and wait like the rest of us have too and choose a good unisex name. I agree spike is plain as well as over used. I am a fan of weird not so used names with inner meaning. But Aussie is cute

Erikusan

I vote for Darwin, Icarus, or Chase.

Or, if you want more name ideas, try looking at baby naming websites. That's where I got the name Baz for my bearded dragon - it's Gaelic for "spear", like the shape of his head.

Burra

Hatchling Member
You don't have to name him/her right away. Take some time to know his personality and a name may just jump out at you! Bindi took me a week to name, Archimedes took a few hours. He came with the name Jose, but every time I looked at him I just wanted to call him Archimedes! So I tell people his name is Archimedes, Jose for short! :lol:

Yes, I find that hilarious! But I have a weird sense of humor! :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Uluru is a good one. How about Bunyip? I like that one, and maybe it'll fit him/her. Cute little beardie by the way. :D

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you all for your input. And I'm sorry I asked you to do the impossible (guessing the sex of my baby). Any of us has a 50-50 chance. So far I've seen no head bobbing, although there has been arm-waving. But once again, I've read those signs may mean nothing.

I think you helped me nix "Spike". 25 years ago, I named my Amazon parrot "Gabby" and thought of him as a "he" until it was confirmed six years later by DNA. This was before the wave of girls named Gabrielle / Gabby. I was thinking "Gabby Hayes" like the old man with the white beard. Now every time I say, "His name's 'Gabby'," people think he's a she. Oh well. :)

After the sex become apparently, I could always rename, I suppose.

Again, thanks.

Bobbijo2u

Hatchling Member
My bd was named by my daughter... she was upset that it seemed like I had named every dog etc we ever owned because the kids could never agree... and sure enough if I named it the boys would love the name and she wouldn't... - SIBLINGS :banghead: So when I got out bd she called me at work and asked if she could name it.. I reminded her most pets always eventually name themselves... our yorkie.. named Taz because he is a tazmanian devil I tell ya... our mix breed pup.. named Dodger..because he absolutely goes nuts over the sound of a dodge truck... he just loves them...... Dodge didn't fit so he got Dodger. ....Her brothers loved each name... she didn't.. of course.. because as a teenaged girl.. heaven forbid she agree with anything.. she begged and begged.. I finally gave in and said sure you can name it. She called me back.. and said.. his name is Jimmy........ So, Jimmy it is. It doesn't fit a bd but that's his name and I pray he is a he! :shock: Regardless i some how doubt he cares what he is called as long as he is fed and treated right :p

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
TheWerewolf":qws84kfk said:
Uluru is a good one. How about Bunyip? I like that one, and maybe it'll fit him/her. Cute little beardie by the way. :D

Thanks. Of course, I didn't make him cute. He just is. ;)

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
raidiowires":37ocz4en said:
Use Grove! Grover!! Grove!!

I'm a fan of "Grover," too. I am also thinking of "Morris" because he will not eat Phoenix worms. Just crickets and fruit flies. (Yeah, I tried the fruit flies for kicks. He loves them.)

On edit: How about "Crikey"? He makes me want to say it because I worry over every little lack of interest in food (Phoenix worms) and poop. I think I'm the one with problems, not him, but still: "Crikey!"

ReptileRy

i wish naming was easier.. everyone in my family calls her sonny and she responds, but i kinda like sydney.. haha. so many options..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom