my tail!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
If the flesh is already dead, there shouldn't be any bleeding. You shouldn't cut into living flesh. I really recommend you take them to a vet to get it done.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
I would reccomend a vet visit as well. There is a high risk of infection and injury when doing things at home

Maniaxe

Original Poster
the problem is I dont have enough money to take him to the vet. only about 2 -3 centimeter of his tail has rotted. and i was wondering if peroxide might stop the spread of infection or would it worsen it?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
I don't remember why, but you're never supposed to use peroxide on a dragon. You can use neosporin, but I'm not sure it will help.

dobby293

PLEASE do not cut you BD's tail. Take him to the vet. Please do not use Peroxide, it is REALLY bad for them. you can soak the tail in a weak solution of benodine and water. Make it look like weak tea, that will help with infection.

Maniaxe

Original Poster
thanks for the advice. like i said I dont have money to take him to the vet.. so this is really killing me.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Which is worse, getting someone to help you out and go to the vet - or your dragon become dangerously ill?
It's killing you...? What about your lizard?
It shouldn't cost too much to do.
If it helps, when I've had to have emergencies dealt with, I've had to give up stuff I enjoy, hell, we even ate cut price, cheap-because-it's-nearly-bad and value stuff for weeks! - but my dragons are worth it :D

Maniaxe

Original Poster
this is kiliing me cuz theres nothing i can do about it, I dont have money because I just went in for surgery for my ankel. There 's no money right now.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Please do not cut off your baby's tail, this will cause a lot more harm than good. Your beardie needs to get to a vet asap. You are correct that necrotic tissue can cause serious illness and possibly death. It would be cruel punishment to do this operation yourself and you put your baby at grave risk if you attempt to do this at home. In order to remove the necrotic tissue, you would need to amputate above the dead area, meaning that you would have to cut into the healthy part of your beardies tale. This would cause extreme pain for your baby and needs to be done under a vets care. There are a lot of vets that will take a payment plan. I know money may be tight but maybe you could phone the local vets and explain your situation. Ask to speak to the vet directly, some may be willing to treat him and set up a plan where you could pay a little now and then in monthly installments. I know you love your beardie and trust you want to do what's right so please do not attempt to do this yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My 2 year old male dragon has been shedding for 2-3 weeks. I’m worried about it being a stuck shed. I’ve seen on other websites they should not soak and then I’ve seen that they should be soaked. So my question is when should I soak him?
Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wickedkurse84$
Top Bottom