My sunkist died suddenly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss my beardie sunkist, she passed away yesterday morning after I got home from work. She was a beautiful orange leatherback, she wasn't about to turn 2 years old. 2 days ago I was giving her a bath in the sink like I normally do twice a week. When I put her in the water she dunked her head in the water and wasn't moving. I freaked out and picked her up out the water. She seemed fine so I let her soak for another 5 minutes. As soon as I dried her off and put her back in her tank. She was making this gagging noise that I thought was coming from my dog. I I was planning on taking her to a vet my next day off. She continued to do this off and on for the next 2 days, this morning when I came home from work she was barely breathing and there was watery blood coming out of her mouth. I had an emergency call for a mobile reptile vet come to my house immediately. The vet told me right away that my beardie had congestive heart failure and cardiac tamponade(fluid accumulation in the heart lining) as well as fluid in her abdomen. He told me that he believes she has had a heart issue that made her so big and fat compared to other beardies. She was also very slow and very sluggish for a young adult beardie. I opted for the vet to put her down as she was taking an agonal gasping breath once every minute or so, it's like she was just waiting to see me one more time when I came home in the morning, I Miss my little friend, rest in peace sunkist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom