My sad Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been gone a lot lately doing unavoidable things. I really haven’t even had time to myself. The weather has grown much much colder so taking Phira out and about as I do errands is no longer an option. Daisy gets to go for car rides and walks but work has dictated that I have only limited time to do that. Phira has been in His cage for almost a solid week with very little interaction from me. He gets fed and a quick head rub and I’m gone. Today wasn’t a good day for me. I’ve been very stressed out and I snapped at a few of my co workers and even more customers. My boss sent me home. (I’m not in trouble. She knows me and knows I’m not like that normally.) I came home and Daisy greeted me as she always does but when I walked in to the room with Phira I noticed he was just laying under his basking spot. His head lifted when he saw me and then he laid it back down... The house is always cold so I got one of my old red heat bulbs and a extra light fixture and hung it up by the window and turned it on. Then I got my Mister Lizurd and he set on my chest for a good 30 minutes. I cried a little as my nerves broke and how bad I felt for him. I talked and pet him and then I put him under the heat lamp and let him look out the window. He seemed amazed at the yellow trees. He perked up and for hours he and I sat down and enjoyed each other’s company. I’m a firm believer that this critters do in some way shape or form have an emotional connection to us. I had to kiss his beard a few times as well. I called in sick tomorrow. Long live our dragons!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear you had a rough day, hooman. I'm glad you let Phira help. Those little guys are amazing at fixing bad days. My guys have helped me with that countless times over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom