My mischievous Bandit

She's the cutest little reptile I've ever seen. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would own a beardie. I've always heard negative things about them. Boy, were all the things I've heard wrong... I've learned not to freak out over the small things anymore, that a reptile is a reptile and does as she pleases. I've learned how to properly care for her all because of the wonderful people on this site and I would like to thank you all for all the advice. I bought her when she was around 5 inches.. She's now over 8 :) I bought her July 24th at a Petsmart near my work.She fell off a tree when we approached the tanks and ran to the glass when I was looking at her. I would say she picked me instead of me picking her :) I did hours upon hours of research but I made my mistakes especially with those "starter kits" but now I've fixed everything and we are on our road to a healthy, long beautiful life. Without further ado, here's some pictures :)
Our first day together!
photo18-3.jpg

photo17.jpg

314004_10151955477860367_1094800957_n.jpg

photo16-3.jpg

photo15-3.jpg

photo14-4.jpg

photo13-4.jpg

photo12-5.jpg

photo11-4.jpg

418766_10151992518220367_715614676_n.jpg

423540_10152020873445367_1684641967_n.jpg

photo10-4.jpg

photo16-1.jpg

My favorite picture by far,
photo17-1.jpg

sexy leg ;)
photo15-1.jpg

photo20-1.jpg

can you find the dragon??
photo19-1.jpg

she was shedding a bandanna apparently which suits her name perfectly lol
photo18-1.jpg

photo13-1.jpg

photo12-1.jpg

Queen of the castle,
photo11-1.jpg

nom nom, crazy face,
photo10-1.jpg

photo9-2.jpg

look at those little spikes... AAAH so cute...
photo8-2.jpg

I have no idea how she kept herself up like that... I came home from work to find her sleeping like this...
photo6-1.jpg

I love her.
photo5-2.jpg

I feed the dragon a nice breakfast... How am I repaid? With a cranky dragon... :(
photo4-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I hate seeing stuff like that, that beardie is suffering from MBD to start and if he's not moving his bowels, there are issues inside. MBD can be fatal, stupid owners. Oh well, we've all seen pics like that, breaks my heart, though.

Glad Ellie is feeling better, mystery hacking...poor sweetie.

As for Bandit, you can make up to her when she wakes, up; I was wrong, Rubio is now asleep and Didi will be sleeping soon. He was, but he has to have some antibiotic shots still, last ones is Tuesday, then he can sleep all he wants. The others are quiet, but Gabriel does still think it's spring, even though it's only 20F outside!

I saw my grandson today for 2 hours, he is the cutest thing! He's 4 months old now and it was sure great to be with him.

So did the manager listen to you? Congrats on the part-time job, at least someone there will be able to give the right info about beardies!

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey guys! I keep disappearing :( Deb I'm so sorry to hear about Titan!!!! I tried to back track as much as I could and I'm so sorry :(

My ex has finally decided to give up his dragons so I posted in the for free section. They need a lot of TLC. Spread the word to Illinoisians!! (ha i made a word)

Bandit never went down for brumation but she's as fat as ever and I'm thinking of getting rid of my dubia bin. They're too much work.

I have a new friend! I got a hamster because she got beat up but I can see why as she's kind of a jerk and bites everyone (both cats have gotten their noses bit) but she hasn't drawn blood yet.

PS has a huge ringworm outbreak and now the love of my life, Ellie, has a wound by her ear and if it's ringworm I'm going to be so mad that I may possibly quit even though I REALLY need all the money. It's so infuriating. The stupid suppliers/shippers sent out bad guinea pigs. The store has been battling the ringworm for now over a month. AND today's my birthday and a nice chunk of my day will be at the vets :evil: I even had a lovely asthma/anxiety attack last night around 1230 am so I had an emergency pharmacy trip to get an inhaler. This year is not my year :'(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks for reading up on my thread. Titan fought as long as he could, I put up a memorial for him on here, the link is on my thread.

I'm so sorry to hear about the ringworm outbreak at work, no wonder you're so stressed. Hopefully Ellie doesn't have it. And I hope you don't have to quit. Good luck on all that, it's not a great way to start a new year, is it? But I'll wish you a better 2014 going forward!

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
ohsmileb":2vpq6gfd said:
Hey guys! I keep disappearing :( Deb I'm so sorry to hear about Titan!!!! I tried to back track as much as I could and I'm so sorry :(

My ex has finally decided to give up his dragons so I posted in the for free section. They need a lot of TLC. Spread the word to Illinoisians!! (ha i made a word)

Bandit never went down for brumation but she's as fat as ever and I'm thinking of getting rid of my dubia bin. They're too much work.

I have a new friend! I got a hamster because she got beat up but I can see why as she's kind of a ***** and bites everyone (both cats have gotten their noses bit) but she hasn't drawn blood yet.

PS has a huge ringworm outbreak and now the love of my life, Ellie, has a wound by her ear and if it's ringworm I'm going to be so mad that I may possibly quit even though I REALLY need all the money. It's so infuriating. The stupid suppliers/shippers sent out bad guinea pigs. The store has been battling the ringworm for now over a month. AND today's my birthday and a nice chunk of my day will be at the vets :evil: I even had a lovely asthma/anxiety attack last night around 1230 am so I had an emergency pharmacy trip to get an inhaler. This year is not my year :'(

i'm glad bandit is doing well and did you name your new hammy? i used to breed winter whites and russian dwarves when i was in highschool as a hobby. loved them so much! just keep up with handling her every day she should calm down.

& i'm sorry about little ellies ear and as someone who suffers from severe anxiety i really hope you're feeling better now. i wouldn't wish that on anyone & i really feel for people who have to ever go through it. sending all my positive vibes your way.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks ladies!
Anxiety is awful and idk what has gotten into me lately that has me have regular panic attacks over everything. (reading my previous post, totally forgot j e r k gets bleeped lol) The hamster I've named Pebbles, figured I'd keep it simple and she's so small haha.

Reason I got Pebbles was that she was beat up by the other winter whites, I convinced my manager to "adopt out" this hamster (meaning I got it for free and the reason he wrote was aggression, who know she'd end up aggressive)
This was the day she was beat up, you can see blood on her face

Video :

here's ellie's booboo :'(

Bandit is HUGE:

Charlie got a tank upgrade (water's a little dirty sorry :oops: )

Everytime I open the hamster cage

You can see her little nose patch where she's missing fur

bahaha

Bandit didn't like the hamster cage too much lol

The love of my life and I'm pretty convinced the universe made her just for me

Pebbles is becoming obese

Sorry BIG update haha

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
gosh bandit just gets more and more color every time i see her! she's so pretty! & poor little pebbles. i'm pretty sure all of us on the forum end up with little rescue babies. you get a bit hamster and i get a bit anole (and his two buddies. i couldn't leave them alone for christmas when we had the room! haha). LOL. as for ellie, it doesn't look like ringworm to me but if it is, it'll get bigger and spread. just gotta keep an eye on it. she may have just scratched it open on something. i miss having a kitty!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I don't think Ellie has ringworm either, but keep an eye on it. She's such a beautiful cat, but then all your babies are beautiful. I'm glad Pebbles healed up well, she loves her wheel. You take such great care of your babies! And Bandit, what colour she has, she gets more colourful every photo. She's just beautiful! Rubio says hi (he's my gentlebeardie, never fusses over other beardies at all. He visited Thresh and they enjoyed each other's company!)

So hope this year goes better. I don't understand panic attacks either, but you're not alone in having them. Hope that settles down for you soon, too.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That wound you showed on Ellie, it looks like it's healing, is it getting better? And I never wished you a happy birthday, hopefully you had a good day :D

How's it going at work? Hopefully better? And how did the vet visit go? So many worries, but hopefully it all works out for you.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey deb! Thank you! My birthday was good. Ellie is healing now but now Zoey isn't eating -_- I'm like a cat jinx. If it's not one than it's the other. I had to take care of a deceased guinea pig yesterday and I tried intervening between two hamsters fighting yesterday. They're mean little boogers. I also go bit by my hamsters sister yesterday . Never a dull moment there. But now I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for myself. Hah. Stress. Does crazy things to you.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sure does, stress is awful, glad you're seeing your doc & glad that Ellie is healing. As for not eating, could be winter? It seems to do strange things to cats as well as beardies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ellie is better but now she's developed cat acne... This kitty is gonna give me up the wall but I love her. Bandit got a new UVB and higher wattage bulb and won't stop cruising around her tank. She's soooo loud :( haha anyways here's some pics :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom