My lizard loves asparagus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was experimenting to find out what St. George the beardie likes. To my dismay, the ingrate just ate about ten small slices of raw asparagus. I've never seen him eat so much of a veggie or fruit. Great. Now I get to eat asparagus every week because of him (it's not like you can just buy one stalk...). In my opinion, the only good thing about this particular vegetable is that you can pick it up with your fingers.
Note to self: Do not feed lizard anything you are not willing to eat regularly. :banghead:

peera

Sub-Adult Member
If you like mayo, try dipping it, it's the only way I can stand it. And don't cook it till it's super soggy, it makes it worse.
Just checking that you do know asparagus is only a once or twice a week food, right?

saintgeorge

Original Poster
Just checking that you do know asparagus is only a once or twice a week food, right?
Thanks Peera, I do know that (beautifuldragons.org is my Bible). I'll try the mayo trick. St. George is looking very proud of himself. If he decides he likes lima beans I will throw him out the window. Or make him shop for himself. :twisted:

saintgeorge

Original Poster
I know you may think I'm mutant or Martian - or both - but I actually like brussels sprouts...
But if he decides he likes those my sister will be the one throwing him out the window.

By the way, I'm actually from Neptune. Just in case you were wondering. And the only proof of my mutant-ness besides the above is an obscure fondness for dictionaries, atlases, and encyclopedias. Which, most would argue, is ample confirmation. :mrgreen:

peera

Sub-Adult Member
I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to brussels sprouts. I like the flavor raw but they're to tough & rubbery to eat that way... but then I don't like the flavor once they're cooked soft enough to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom