My lights aren't lasting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexrocks

I have 1 8-9 month old bearded dragon in a 50 gallon tank. On the hot side i use an exo terra 160 watt Solar glo and a 100 watt Grreat Choice daytime incandescent heat bulb. This keeps the basking spot at 105 degrees Fahrenheit. On the cool side i use an ancient UVB bulb which ive had for forever and the temp is 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Rex (my bearded dragon) has been super happy since I moved him up to his new cage and lighting setup about a month ago.

My problem is that my 160 watt Solar glo burnt out after only one month. I have practice in the mornings at 6:30 and with homework I'm lucky to get to sleep by 11:00. I keep Rex in my room and I like watching him so i have the light timers set for 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Am I doing anything wrong or is there anything that I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Wolfeden

Hatchling Member
MVB's are vibration sensitive and should not be moved or bumped while on and hot or that can shorten their life.

Movement or vibration can also cause the internal circuit breaker (of sorts) to trip.
So make sure that's not the case by turning the bulb back on after it has cooled down.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
What are you using for a fixture? You should be using the deep dome light holder. If you are using a silver dome, they are not equipped for the 160 watt lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom