My girl is acting weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossbog

i bought a trans red beardie from a friend and she has been acting weird lately. Let me explain what I have done since I got her. She was in calcium sand with a couple decorations. I immediately switched to shelf liner and made her a natural basking and cave. It’s made of logs and rock. At first she used the rock to bask and was eating fine. Now she always sits under rocks in the cave. She rarely comes out in her own. I have to put her in front of her food to eat it. Sometimes she walks right back to her cave. When I got her She had high count of coccidia when I took her into vet. Her poo was liquid and sooo smelly. I have treated her twice now. 2 days in a row then after 2 weeks did it again. Poop is a little better but still diarrhea. The vet told me to give another dose. So I did. She hasn’t pooped yet but I’m skeptical. She is about 1 year old. Do y’all thing she’s got eggs to lay? Any advice is much appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i bought a trans red beardie from a friend and she has been acting weird lately. Let me explain what I have done since I got her. She was in calcium sand with a couple decorations. I immediately switched to shelf liner and made her a natural basking and cave. It’s made of logs and rock. At first she used the rock to bask and was eating fine. Now she always sits under rocks in the cave. She rarely comes out in her own. I have to put her in front of her food to eat it. Sometimes she walks right back to her cave. When I got her She had high count of coccidia when I took her into vet. Her poo was liquid and sooo smelly. I have treated her twice now. 2 days in a row then after 2 weeks did it again. Poop is a little better but still diarrhea. The vet told me to give another dose. So I did. She hasn’t pooped yet but I’m skeptical. She is about 1 year old. Do y’all thing she’s got eggs to lay? Any advice is much appreciated.
Ok so how are you cleaning the tank w/ treating the coccidia? Please take everything out except one good basking decor -- please get some Wipe Out or some F 10 which I recommend or some Rescue - clean the tank every time she poops -- this stuff is hard to get rid of and it sounds like your not getting all of the parasite -- F10 Super Concentrate Disinfectant Non-toxic Cleaner | eBay
this will last a long time-
I dont believe she has eggs if she did she would be frantically digging trying to find a place to lay -
Another fecal would need to be done to determine how high the count -- next poop take the fecal in to the vet for another test and go from there -- what are you giving for med for parasites

Hossbog

Original Poster
Ok so how are you cleaning the tank w/ treating the coccidia? Please take everything out except one good basking decor -- please get some Wipe Out or some F 10 which I recommend or some Rescue - clean the tank every time she poops -- this stuff is hard to get rid of and it sounds like your not getting all of the parasite -- F10 Super Concentrate Disinfectant Non-toxic Cleaner | eBay
this will last a long time-
I dont believe she has eggs if she did she would be frantically digging trying to find a place to lay -
Another fecal would need to be done to determine how high the count -- next poop take the fecal in to the vet for another test and go from there -- what are you giving for med for parasites
I use F10 to clean tank. She doesn’t poop in her enclosure usually. She always does it when we take her out. I am using ponazuril for treatment. I am following all the directions to the tee. Temps are perfect. I just don’t get it. One day she was frantically scratching at cage but only for a few minutes. Now she just lays there looking depressed. Another fecal is a good idea. I’ll take out the furniture and water for now and just leave her rock formation under basking light.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It sounds like you're taking good steps to deal with her problem. She might be hiding because of stress and not feeling too good, that's normal. Hope she feels more comfortable soon. Eggs ARE a possibility but if so, she is in the cave where she would feel comfortable laying them.

Hossbog

Original Poster
It sounds like you're taking good steps to deal with her problem. She might be hiding because of stress and not feeling too good, that's normal. Hope she feels more comfortable soon. Eggs ARE a possibility but if so, she is in the cave where she would feel comfortable laying them.
I do everything by the book, that is why I’m so confused. I have had beardies before and I’ve never had this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom