My first leatherback, Akira

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternitylonger

Hatchling Member
So, as the title states, this is about my new little (and I do mean little) baby girl, Akira. She was born on 5-28-2012, the day after my birthday! She is a 100% het trans 100% het hypo leatherback. I been wanting a leatherback for a while now and I finally got one! I had her for about a week now and she is the best. She clings onto my finger and doesn't let go. She is about 5 1/2 inches long and 6 grams (weighed her today, what a light weight!) But enough of my chatting, here she is.

The day I brought her home.
IMAG0480.jpg

She loves her stick.
IMAG0489.jpg

Love her pattern.
IMAG0507.jpg

I found her like this, lol.
IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

Spoiled already.
IMAG0501.jpg

eternitylonger

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I just wanted to give you guys and update on Akira. She is so so on gaining weight, but she is eating and pooing good, so that is good. Her colors are sort of starting to show, but still too early to start changing, I believe. Still loves to be handled, she is on my chest roaming as I type, lol. But she is doing great. Just wanted to ask one question, how long before I start to notice a gain in her weight? She will be 2 months on the 28th. I had her for a little over 2 weeks now and she is still 6-7 grams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom