My First Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

matothett

I will start with petsmart does not have a clue. I bought a setup from there after speaking with several employees. once home i realized pretty much everything they sold me was wrong. After a ton of research i have changed everything and am now set up with and ideal environment.

Set Up As follows
-67 gallon natgeo front opening terraium (on sale for $97
-reptisun 10.0 t5 tube light mounted inside the tank.
-basking lamp inside the tank
-flooring is porcelain tile with a nice texture
-branch for climbing with hiding spots.

My beardie is about 6" in total length. He's a little guy

My questions are these.
1. what do you guys put your food in? I have the food/water dish sold at petco but seems too big?
2. what are you feeding your beardies for a staple insect? I have seen dubia roaches are the best.
3. what techniques should be used for handling these little guys. He/she seems very annoyed with me trying to handle and pretty much runs away/jumps out of my hand.
4. do you put anything with your tiles on the floor? Like a sand base or anything?

thanks again guys.

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
http://www.petsuppliesplus.com/product/Zilla-Decor-Terrarium-Dish-Kidney-Small/170541.uts?keyword=food%20dishes

something like this will work for food dish as long as they can get to the food easily it is ok

I feed crickets for now and I am going to be trying pheonix worms soon

as far as handling your guy or girl is only about 6 weeks old and should not be handled a lot or for long periods of time every few hours if you hold him or her for about 5 minutes or so that will be ok also if he or she is still trying to run away from you hold him or her inside the enclosure (you can do this longer than minutes because he or she is getting the right amount of lighting) so that he cant get lost

as far as the tiles i can not answer that as i use repticarpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom