My Dubias Escaped...

It's never a dull day!
Of course when I ordered 200 they would! I can't figure out how!! I haven't changed the location or storage but I am finding random dubias in the bathroom, on the stairs...they are alive so these are recent escapees. I looked in corners and found 3 here, 9 here...what in the world? I'm not freaked out, good thing although this is gross. All I see is food and money walking around. I let Rocky "loose" but he can't see a thing unless they move. By the way, Rocky runs head first into white walls? - he can't see them?
Anyways, wish me luck in finding the rest before it's too late!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Oh that sux. My guys will randomly stand in their food bowls and the dubias use them for a ladder lol. All 3 of my setups have a place high enough to let them escape. My girlfriend YELLS at me every time she finds one lmao.
I have white walls and baseboards to, my beardies run right into them also, i dunno if it white or just walls in general.

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
I can relate, pretty sure there are still a couple hiding underneath Draco's tank. But let me tell you compared to dubias, bsfl are the worst escapees...
Now I use a plastic container with a lid on, drilled holes on the side and not one single dubia escapes since! Also if they are available in your area, try those stick on roach bait, just put them on the floor in corners, roaches would be drawn to them and die quickly :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I would be afraid my beardies might catch and eat one that had gotten into the poison. If i was going to put out anything it would be sticky traps, and even those would be well out of my beardies reach. (but I'm paranoid like that lol)

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
I would be afraid my beardies might catch and eat one that had gotten into the poison. If i was going to put out anything it would be sticky traps, and even those would be well out of my beardies reach. (but I'm paranoid like that lol)
Yeah caution is always good when it comes to our curious and FAST little babies :D I don’t let him roam in the main room that has the traps, he hangs out on the balcony and the front room so that works for me. But oh well he still managed to gulp down a dust bunny. So agile when they want to be!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Lmao, yes they are.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom