Seka
SAM_0506.jpg

Pulma
SAM_0418.jpg

Ifrit
SAM_0325.jpg

Des
SAM_0489.jpg

Sandfire could be in the parents blood line they just sell the less colored ones to the pet stores. But will agree with the others and yes all very cute :)

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
They are all the same morph, just a bunch of different colors! Most breeders differentiate morphs by genetic mutations such as hypo, translucent, leather back, etc. To your advantage, I believe Sandfire is one of Petsmarts biggest suppliers! All the big breeders wholesale a good amount of babies, you just need to be very careful not to breed them unless you know their exact bloodlines. Looks like you got some of the nice ones!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
RioReptiles":2cwpr35y said:
They are all the same morph, just a bunch of different colors! Most breeders differentiate morphs by genetic mutations such as hypo, translucent, leather back, etc. To your advantage, I believe Sandfire is one of Petsmarts biggest suppliers! All the big breeders wholesale a good amount of babies, you just need to be very careful not to breed them unless you know their exact bloodlines. Looks like you got some of the nice ones!
Pulma is the only one not from Petsmart. Why not breed them without know exact bloodlines? :?

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Beardednoob":2v28kwu9 said:
RioReptiles":2v28kwu9 said:
Pulma is the only one not from Petsmart. Why not breed them without know exact bloodlines? :?

because without knowing their actually bloodline you have no idea if you are breeding siblings. Direct line inbreeding causes all kinds of nasty problems in the hatchlings.

I hate that people came on here and said "Oh they are sandfires" as they aren't. The only way they are sandfire is if you know for a fact they came from Sandfire Dragon ranch lineage.

Pulma is not a "normal" though as the pattern is severly repressed to almost patternless. Where did you get pulma from? Very interesting looking dragon.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I got Pulma from a local pet shot (Pets & Such, in Utah) she is kind of interesting as in she doesn't have many bumps of ridges in her skin as the others do, more smoothed but, with few bumps/ridges. Your information is good to know, Ifrit and Seka are brother and sister. Just bought a few weeks in between, due to Sekas size she didn't look that great when we got Ifrit but, she was still there and looked more healthy when we got her a couple weeks later. Des was bout from the same store so most likely from the same breeder? Anyways tell me more about Pulma LOL :D

No way to tell w/o knowing the parents, but they sure are cute! You have quite a few little guys, I'm jealous. :D

I see you're from Utah... Do you have a herp vet in your area? (And I guess how close is your area to Ogden or SLC?) My boyfriend is from North Ogden and we're considering moving back next year, but he wasn't sure of exotic vets around sooo.. Just curious! :)

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
FrancoisBeans":1ndf4jyy said:
No way to tell w/o knowing the parents, but they sure are cute! You have quite a few little guys, I'm jealous. :D

I see you're from Utah... Do you have a herp vet in your area? (And I guess how close is your area to Ogden or SLC?) My boyfriend is from North Ogden and we're considering moving back next year, but he wasn't sure of exotic vets around sooo.. Just curious! :)
There are 3 vets in the valley closest one to me is like a 45 minute drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom