My daughters bearded dragon wont eat any live insects, crickets, super worms, wax worms nothing. If i blend up his greens with his pellets he will eat

danielle1

My daughters bearded dragon wont eat any live insects, crickets, super worms, wax worms nothing. If i blend up his greens with his pellets and calcium powder he will eat. Is this ok or should I blend insects up in it to?

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
My daughters bearded dragon wont eat any live insects, crickets, super worms, wax worms nothing. If i blend up his greens with his pellets and calcium powder he will eat. Is this ok or should I blend insects up in it to?
Mines was picky and I had to use to the strawberry banana calcium powder. Did you try that? Also, have you tried dubia roaches? If not I recommend betterthancrickets.com and dubia.com 2nd. I get them a lot quicker with betterthancrickets.com.

7FA5A668-A10C-4838-A2C2-F90930951AD0.jpeg

fcooper

Hatchling Member
I’ve seen people feed dead insects, but they’re not as nutritious (unless you just kill them then feed them, which is just feed love at that point)

And lizards get stimulation by chasing down insects, which is wonderful for their mental health. You’re either gonna have to get used to feeding live or just not get a lizard

danielle1

Original Poster
I’ve seen people feed dead insects, but they’re not as nutritious (unless you just kill them then feed them, which is just feed love at that point)

And lizards get stimulation by chasing down insects, which is wonderful for their mental health. You’re either gonna have to get used to feeding live or just not get a lizard
Thank you for the input but the issues is not me feeding him live insects,it is that he wouldnt eat it period not by hand and not by chasing Nothing I did would get him to do it.

Mwr

Beardie name(s)
King Dodongo
Have you tried Dubai roaches, my big boy stopped eating crickets and would not eat nothing until I found Dubai roaches

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please go over your lighting setup. If uvb and basking are not on point they will have all manners of problems including but not limited to not eating.
What type of uvb are you using, how old it, how far from his basking (in inches).
What are you using for a basking bulb, what are the basking temps and how are you taking them. Are you using ANY colored bulbs? (If so please turn them off immediately they damage the eyes).
Please attach photo's of your setup especially the lighting if you can.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom