My beardies tail

Cdukes270

Beardie name(s)
Ringo
Does my beardies tail look normal ? Is he shedding ?? He’s been eating great and kinda slowed on his appetite. The lighting could be off as well. Me and my wife are new to all this so any help would be appreciated !!!

Attachments

• E5338ADF-633C-4A76-BECC-4027BA1F942C.jpeg
    E5338ADF-633C-4A76-BECC-4027BA1F942C.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 113

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It looks normal. Please list the spects on your lights, type, age, distance, temps, how your getting the temps. The lighting is the most critical aspect of their care. There are some folks here that can help you fine tune it. Also post picks of your lights and set up. No one will judge you but if something is off it's better to get it correct asap.
You dragon is a cutie btw 😍

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you post a better pic of the end of the tail please --- and yes please go over the your surface basking temps and how your getting them NO stick ons please and your UVB ---- NO coils please --

Cdukes270

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ringo
Can you post a better pic of the end of the tail please --- and yes please go over the your surface basking temps and how your getting them NO stick ons please and your UVB ---- NO coils please --
We are not using coils , we have the Arcadia t5 light and a

97 on the warm side
77 on the cool side
106 on the basking surface

We are using a 100 watt basking bulb

I attached a better pic of his tail

Attachments

• E9442C86-BDA2-480C-879F-9A6694CBFD10.jpeg
    E9442C86-BDA2-480C-879F-9A6694CBFD10.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 81

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
We are not using coils , we have the Arcadia t5 light and a

97 on the warm side
77 on the cool side
106 on the basking surface

We are using a 100 watt basking bulb

I attached a better pic of his tail
Tail looks fine -- I was looking for nips bites or pinches and I am not seeing any -- that would be cause for concern sometimes as it could lead to tail rot -- but I am thinking its just shed -- you Arcadia is it in the tank or top of screen ? The screen will determine placement for the UVB ----

Cdukes270

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ringo
Tail looks fine -- I was looking for nips bites or pinches and I am not seeing any -- that would be cause for concern sometimes as it could lead to tail rot -- but I am thinking its just shed -- you Arcadia is it in the tank or top of screen ? The screen will determine placement for the UVB ----
It is on top of the screen , is that ok ? I got him to eat some greens , I’m just curious to why he’s not eating like he first did. And thank you so much for your insight and help 🙏

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It is on top of the screen , is that ok ? I got him to eat some greens , I’m just curious to why he’s not eating like he first did. And thank you so much for your insight and help 🙏
What is the screen on the tank? Fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I do already and he loves that , what about eating how can I get him to eat like when we first got him
Its gonna take time for him to adjust and acclimate to his tank and surroundings - keep feeding him -- you want him eating something and keep him hydrated --- drop water on his nose every few days to see if he will lick - rinse the greens before serving this will help as well --- if he stops eating all together there is a issue but w/ proper UVB and correct surface basking temps will help -- go slow w/ him as far as handling - you want his stress marks to go away and they will get less in time -- shedding will also throw the appetite off too-------- your surface basking temp is being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer?

Cdukes270

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ringo
Its gonna take time for him to adjust and acclimate to his tank and surroundings - keep feeding him -- you want him eating something and keep him hydrated --- drop water on his nose every few days to see if he will lick - rinse the greens before serving this will help as well --- if he stops eating all together there is a issue but w/ proper UVB and correct surface basking temps will help -- go slow w/ him as far as handling - you want his stress marks to go away and they will get less in time -- shedding will also throw the appetite off too-------- your surface basking temp is being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer?
Ok thank you , yea we have a digital prope temp gun , pretty much everything we need, maybe he ate so much at first cause the pet store wasn’t feeding him well enough , idk. And maybe he just needs some adjusting. He’s sleeping well and pooping, all my temps are correct , I did drop a few drops of water on his nose. I have some mealworms and fresh greens in his cage. He seemed to love the mealworms. So I am gonna let him be and go from there. Just pray that he gets acclimated and to his normal self. Cause I will do anything I can to help him and get what he needs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok thank you , yea we have a digital prope temp gun , pretty much everything we need, maybe he ate so much at first cause the pet store wasn’t feeding him well enough , idk. And maybe he just needs some adjusting. He’s sleeping well and pooping, all my temps are correct , I did drop a few drops of water on his nose. I have some mealworms and fresh greens in his cage. He seemed to love the mealworms. So I am gonna let him be and go from there. Just pray that he gets acclimated and to his normal self. Cause I will do anything I can to help him and get what he needs.
Please no meal worms - they can cause impaction- we have had a few cases the last week w/ meal worms and impaction- please get some bsfl from here www.symtonbsf.com do not dust them use as salad lures to your bowl feed first thing in the morning-
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Last edited:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom