My beardies just mated....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. Quick question. 2 of my beardies mated on my bedroom floor...whats next? What can I do to make her more comfortable?

jeitzen

Juvie Member
All you can do now is wait and hope that she is not fertile. Egg laying is a stressful process for your beardie and her body, if she is under 2 you should not be breeding her.

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
with her being so young this really shouldn't happen. i would just pray for infertile eggs.

also, i would pay extra attention as this could be a really stressful time for her as well as seperate the two of them

CAInstaller

Original Poster
All of my dragons live in separate cages. We usually give them a bath (no we don't use soap) 2 to 3 times a week and let them run around for a bit. We were not trying to breed them, it just happend. 1 of the males (Tiny) would bite the necks of both females (louie and buster, we thought they were males when we got them...wrong) but thats as far as the biting went, until last night. If i'd known, I would have never let them run around together. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks
David

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
david,

i hope you don't think i was attacking you in any way or questioning your care. that's good that you are aware of what's going on and everyone is seperated.

how does your female look/feel tonight?

CAInstaller

Original Poster
I didn't think that at all. She is doing fine. I had her out for a bit. She ate some worms and let me trim her nails. Let me ask you something...when they mate is there usually blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom