My beardies appetite

Cdukes270

Beardie name(s)
Ringo
I’m asking about my beardies eating habits, the first day we got him home , he ate 11 bugs !!! We had one beardie die on us before , it was a baby , petsmart said the pet store we got that one from should have never sold us one that small, they may think it was sick from the get go. Anyways our new beardie looks way healthier and is still adjusting. He’s not eating as much as he first did when we got him home. Our temps are in spec, he will let me hold him and even will fall asleep on me which I assume is a good thing. He likes his mealworms , and greens. We have dubia , crickets , mealworms , hornworms and greens to offer. Why would he not be eating as much today ?

Thanks in advance !!!!

I have attached photos of our set up.

Attachments

• 26AD5FC6-D40F-4459-BF36-AFB04BD7E860.jpeg
    26AD5FC6-D40F-4459-BF36-AFB04BD7E860.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 7861C925-AA9C-4742-AE12-4773058C3CD2.jpeg
    7861C925-AA9C-4742-AE12-4773058C3CD2.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 59
  • AD3D1D6B-78CC-4666-B66C-A52544CB3DE8.jpeg
    AD3D1D6B-78CC-4666-B66C-A52544CB3DE8.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 62

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’m asking about my beardies eating habits, the first day we got him home , he ate 11 bugs !!! We had one beardie die on us before , it was a baby , petsmart said the pet store we got that one from should have never sold us one that small, they may think it was sick from the get go. Anyways our new beardie looks way healthier and is still adjusting. He’s not eating as much as he first did when we got him home. Our temps are in spec, he will let me hold him and even will fall asleep on me which I assume is a good thing. He likes his mealworms , and greens. We have dubia , crickets , mealworms , hornworms and greens to offer. Why would he not be eating as much today ?

Thanks in advance !!!!

I have attached photos of our set up.
Hes a cutie!!! Relocation stress is what is going on --- they tend to eat a lot when first coming home then slack off --- as long as hes eating something thats good its when they quit eating all together thats not so good---- Nutrition Content ignore the kale info its outdated --- please NO more meal worms ---- they are good for causing impaction - the dubias are the best staple feeder but your offering variety which is great - you can add some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com to the tops of his salads they are great for babies and a good compliment to his staple feeder - feed as many as you want and I would ditch the crickets -- they are a dirty feeder and not as good nutritional wise as the dubias and the BSFL --- you will need a bowl similar to this to keep them in the bowl https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
I would let him adjust to his tank and surroundings before getting him out --- hand tame him w/ your BSFL or your horn worms --- as he acclimates to the tank and surroundings he will start to eat more ---
your UVB is a Arcadia Pro T 5? If you have a T 5 you can keep it on the screen as your screen is a wide hole type but please make sure you have a piece of basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches ---

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom