My beardie tries to eat the fake plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I bought a fake plant with a suction cup to put in Walter's tank so that it would look nicer. When I lowered it in, he ran off his basking spot and went to bite it. I took it out but even as it passed the glass on the out side he tried to bite it. Is it possible that having it in there could cause him any harm?

ChinelleKitten

Hatchling Member
You could leave it in there for a while if you had time to watch him. My beardie gave up trying to eat his fake plant after a couple unsuccessful bites lol.

Celeste

My Levi did the exact same thing! he's about 4months old. I removed the fake plants after a month, he wouldn't stop trying to eat them. He loves his salad greens so much, he tries to eat everything that looks leafy .... I am keeping him on newspaper at the moment, and he will even try to eat any green printed areas off the newspaper....Now he has a very dull viv, but gets very excited every time he sees leaves... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom