My Beardie seems unwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlrenaud

I have two red beardies ,a male and a female. Introduced them to new vivarium both were eating well and basking regularly.Female was characterised by quite energetic behaviour.She has currenly stopped eating is very sedate and just wants to lie under foliage keeping her belly very cool.Any ideas anybody Please!!

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Maybe she is about to go through brumation? It could also be relocation stress. You have both housed together? Are they fighting at all?

Have you noticed anything else different about her? Losing weight? Loose stools? Spots? Anything?

karlrenaud

Original Poster
tHERE DOEST SEEM TO BE ANY FIGHTING ALTHOUGH THE MALEDOES TEND TO SIT ON HER.HER STOOLS ARE QUITE RUNNY.but she hasnt lost any weight.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Welcome to you!!

I suggest that you get a fecal done on both beardies. The one with runny stools could have a parasite problem. If they do and you don't get it taken care of, she could die. I don't intend to scare you, but I have read of it happening, more than once. Since the one sitting on the other, I suggest you separate them because from what I've read that is a sign of dominance. The dominance issue can cause one beardie to get depressed and not eat.

karlrenaud

Original Poster
Please exuse me if i appear to be going into panic mode but i have only recently got them so im trying to learn fast.Im pretty sure the runny faeces was my imagination because i cant see anything that could be termed runny but i will keep that under close observation.What i have noticed is that she keeps trying to dig into the substrate and almost make a nest.Also she appears to be shedding some skin.She is only a couple of months old.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
beardie parents":5d9c1 said:
Welcome to you!!

I suggest that you get a fecal done on both beardies. The one with runny stools could have a parasite problem. If they do and you don't get it taken care of, she could die. I don't intend to scare you, but I have read of it happening, more than once. Since the one sitting on the other, I suggest you separate them because from what I've read that is a sign of dominance. The dominance issue can cause one beardie to get depressed and not eat.

I agree, she's probably scared and not eating. That may also be why she's trying to dig into the substrate to hide...I would try separating them and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom