My beardie isn't laying eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie_Walter

Original Poster
My bearded dragon, Charlie (4 years and presumed to be female), isn't laying eggs. We were told that the other dragons she was brought with were all females. It has been 4 years and she has never laid an egg from what I've seen. Could she be a male dragon? Do female beardies lay eggs only around males or at a certain time of year? Could she be sterile? I looked these up but I get mixed answers.

Solution
Some dragons lay eggs as young as 10 months of age [ rarely] but others can lay eggs much later in life, older than we would think. Some may not lay eggs at all so they are all different. If you're not positive of gender, post a couple pics with your dragon flat on your hand or better yet, on a table, and arch the tail high up in the air and post the pics here.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some dragons lay eggs as young as 10 months of age [ rarely] but others can lay eggs much later in life, older than we would think. Some may not lay eggs at all so they are all different. If you're not positive of gender, post a couple pics with your dragon flat on your hand or better yet, on a table, and arch the tail high up in the air and post the pics here.

Solution

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
My bearded dragon, Charlie (4 years and presumed to be female), isn't laying eggs. We were told that the other dragons she was brought with were all females. It has been 4 years and she has never laid an egg from what I've seen. Could she be a male dragon? Do female beardies lay eggs only around males or at a certain time of year? Could she be sterile? I looked these up but I get mixed answers.
This is the view that AHBD is referring to. If you post photos like this, it will be easier for us to tell. You may even be able to tell yourself based on the article. We are happy to offer an opinion though! :)

Charlie_Walter

Original Poster
Isn't laying them on their back harmful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom