My Beardie isn't eating well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderland090

Original Poster
Ok if you want to stay w/ the coil I dont recommend it but if you do please get the Reptisun 26 watt its a better bulb than your Exo Terra I am not a fan of coils please get the 26 watt unobstructed w/a distance of 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - if you have the coil on the screen hes getting little to NO UVB hence the cause of not eating --- I can recommend some good UVB fixtures w/ bulbs if you like but your dragon will continue to decline in health w/the bulb your using now ---
The Reptisun 26w version of the UVB150 is similar in output to a T8 tube when using a reflector. The beam isn't as wide (depending on the length of the tube) but the output strength is very similar. If it was sitting about 6-8'' above the main basking area then it was likely providing adequate UVB. It's the lower wattage (13w) versions that cause concern since they aren't strong enough to provide adequate UVB at a safe distance.
Thank you so much for the advice! Not gonna stick with the coil and will be looking into a new bulb ASAP

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I also was a victim in the pet store trade they will sell you anything I also got a bearded dragon starter kit when I started and that coil uv-b was one of the pieces they sell entire kits knowing that the things inside of them won't help your dragon. This forum helped me become a good reptile keeper and will help you a lot in the future along the way if your willing to take constructive criticism many helpful people on here. Congratulations on your dragon you've made an awesome decision

Wonderland090

Original Poster
Ok if you want to stay w/ the coil I dont recommend it but if you do please get the Reptisun 26 watt its a better bulb than your Exo Terra I am not a fan of coils please get the 26 watt unobstructed w/a distance of 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - if you have the coil on the screen hes getting little to NO UVB hence the cause of not eating --- I can recommend some good UVB fixtures w/ bulbs if you like but your dragon will continue to decline in health w/the bulb your using now ---
The Reptisun 26w version of the UVB150 is similar in output to a T8 tube when using a reflector. The beam isn't as wide (depending on the length of the tube) but the output strength is very similar. If it was sitting about 6-8'' above the main basking area then it was likely providing adequate UVB. It's the lower wattage (13w) versions that cause concern since they aren't strong enough to provide adequate UVB at a safe distance.
I would love some recommendations for fixtures w/ bulbs!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would love some recommendations for fixtures w/ bulbs!
Here are some links to websites for them
this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need this bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO keep the 5.0 bulb for back up the distance and placement for this one is different from the 10.0
this one is sold out but I am posting it anyway
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood comes w/ the 12% bulb you want that bulb
this is a good fixture but you need to replace the bulb w/ the 22" Reptisun bulb or the 22" Arcadia 12% bulb found on the Pangea website
these fixtures and bulbs are good ones
When you get the fixture please post back on here and we can help you set the fixture up the screen will determine where the fixture will go

Wonderland090

Original Poster
Here are some links to websites for them
this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need this bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO keep the 5.0 bulb for back up the distance and placement for this one is different from the 10.0
this one is sold out but I am posting it anyway
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood comes w/ the 12% bulb you want that bulb
this is a good fixture but you need to replace the bulb w/ the 22" Reptisun bulb or the 22" Arcadia 12% bulb found on the Pangea website
these fixtures and bulbs are good ones
When you get the fixture please post back on here and we can help you set the fixture up the screen will determine where the fixture will go
Thanks so much for all the help. I'll give you an update if he starts eating better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom