My beardie isn’t eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragon has slowly stopped eating. She’s no longer eating her insects, she’s never liked greens (I tricked her into eating them), but loves blueberries… She has lowered her liking for blue berries too which means she won’t eat her greens. She’s active and goes outside daily. What should I do?

Diet :

Collard greens + other leafy greens, mealworms, carrots, and blueberries are what she usually ends up eating. We also have dried food in her tank which she occasionally eats.

Yes I know mealworms aren’t the best. When we tried crickets, she did eat them but they left small bugs in her enclosure which I didn’t want to pose a threat. She also wasn’t that interested in them but ate a few. Then we tried mealworms which she loved. We moved to super worms because they were bigger, but once she lost interest we went back to mealworms. She eats about 8-12 a day. Now she isn’t eating and I’m worried. I would move to Dubai roaches because they’re said to be the best for beardies… But I can’t persuade my parents to get the, because they don’t want roaches in the house. Help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please go over the lighting and basking temps ---- NO coils for UVB --- NO colored bulbs -- basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- these things I have asked about are the MOST important things in the tank ----

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2k0xvhgk said:
Please go over the lighting and basking temps ---- NO coils for UVB --- NO colored bulbs -- basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- these things I have asked about are the MOST important things in the tank ----

I don’t use coils or red bulbs. My bulb has a tint of orange though. The temperature is around 95-102. The cool side is about 75-80

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get a bright white -- no off colored or yellowish bulbs-- what about the uvb+ they will quit eating if the uvb is incorrect they won't be able to absorb / synthesize the calcium he's getting

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":uil30rhd said:
Please get a bright white -- no off colored or yellowish bulbs-- what about the uvb+ they will quit eating if the uvb is incorrect they won't be able to absorb / synthesize the calcium he's getting

I’ll try to find one! I take her outside everyday for about an hour. Her UVB is a white bulb that isn’t a coil.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is it a long tube? If so how old and I need to know what brand and bulb T 5 or T 8 this makes a difference distance and placement is crucial

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2i6e7tb4 said:
Is it a long tube? If so how old and I need to know what brand and bulb T 5 or T 8 this makes a difference distance and placement is crucial

No it’s not. I’m looking for one though, any suggestions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please show me what your using- post a pic of it-- top of page look for user image uploader in banner- down load then click on ximg at top op message box click on the pic it should post

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":27c8h09c said:
Please show me what your using- post a pic of it-- top of page look for user image uploader in banner- down load then click on ximg at top op message box click on the pic it should post

111754-7807459668.jpg

This is an older picture, but the set up is the same except I moved a better thermometer in there. I don’t know if I still have the bulb boxes, but if you need them I can look.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1nsyhbkl said:
Need a pic of those bulbs please

Okay, I might need to send them later because I have something to complete. I’ll try to get them as soon as possible.

when was the last time they pooped they could be impacted and my beardie sometime stops eating when that happens if it has been awhile since they pooped if there impacted try olive oil then belly massage and then warm bath for me this works every time

best wishes so sorry your parents don't allow roaches i went thought the same thing

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
herald":2z86vtzw said:
when was the last time they pooped they could be impacted and my beardie sometime stops eating when that happens if it has been awhile since they pooped if there impacted try olive oil then belly massage and then warm bath for me this works every time

best wishes so sorry your parents don't allow roaches i went thought the same thing

My bearded dragon poops regularly. Usually in warm water, she pooped a few days ago.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your dragon will not eat w/ out proper temps and UVB --- please post a pic of the bulbs being used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom