My beardie is walking funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I realized after work that my little guy has a little bit of a funny walk, im not too sure what it could be related too, he has a pretty well balanced diet of crickets and vegetables and occasionally fruit, I make sure to add his calcium supplements. He seems to behaving well still eating and wanting to spend time together and everything seems to be going good besides the little funny walk he is doing? Does anyone have any clue to what it could be, my beardie is abo it 8-9 months, and I believe it’s male but I very well could be wrong.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UVB what are you using and where in the tank is it ? top of screen or inside the tank ? Please NO coils --- this is extremely important

Dezschneider

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1zzf0b69 said:
UVB what are you using and where in the tank is it ? top of screen or inside the tank ? Please NO coils --- this is extremely important
I am using a thrive uvb bulb that is 26w it is on top of his screen. The bulb is a coil bulb, should I get a different one, I bought a multi pack the sales person at the store told me to gwt

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you want to use a coil I recommend not ---go to a reptisun 26 wattage but it must be in a dome w/ a ceramic socket unobstructed 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor- your dragon is not getting the proper uvb and is developing mbd- I recommend a long tube 24" zoo med or sunblaster nano or Arcadia pro T 5
Do this asap - thrive bulbs are junk- throw them away -- You want a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb you can look here www.pangeateptiles.com if you need more help please ask you can stop it from getting worse but mbd- is not reversable

Dezschneider

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3bxr54g7 said:
If you want to use a coil I recommend not ---go to a reptisun 26 wattage but it must be in a dome w/ a ceramic socket unobstructed 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor- your dragon is not getting the proper uvb and is developing mbd- I recommend a long tube 24" zoo med or sunblaster nano or Arcadia pro T 5
Do this asap - thrive bulbs are junk- throw them away -- You want a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb you can look here http://www.pangeateptiles.com if you need more help please ask you can stop it from getting worse but mbd- is not reversable
Thank you so much I will get this done ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom