My beardie is underweight what should I feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itnas

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizz
I recently got a beardie and she seems underweight. I have been feeding her salads and phoenix worms. What feeders should I feed her to improve her weight?
She is about a year and a half old. This is my first bearded dragon so I'm concerned about this.

Solution
O.K, that's great if you get some dubias. She just needs regular consistent meals, don't feed her insects that are too large and don't feed her large amounts. Just slow + steady, also feed her good greens like kale, turnip, mustard, collards, maybe some squash + green beans. She is thin but looks alert + in reasonable condition aside from her being so thin.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What is her weight and can you post a few pics of her ? Just feed her normal portions, don't try to hurry up any weight gain slow + steady is the way to go. Can you add dubia or crickets to her diet ?

Itnas

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizz
IMG_20220213_111218.jpg
IMG_20220213_111236.jpg
IMG_20220213_111143.jpg
IMG_20220213_111634.jpg

Itnas

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizz
Thank you very much! I don't have a way to measure her weight right now and yes I will purchase some Dubias because crickets are extremely annoying. Is there any other thing I should do?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, that's great if you get some dubias. She just needs regular consistent meals, don't feed her insects that are too large and don't feed her large amounts. Just slow + steady, also feed her good greens like kale, turnip, mustard, collards, maybe some squash + green beans. She is thin but looks alert + in reasonable condition aside from her being so thin.

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom