My beardie is stressed whenever in his enclosure.

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
So I got a beardie recently. my first one, I believe is a hatchling. I got her (not quite sure the gender yet) from PetsMart. I know it wasn't the best idea. She's been doing great with mostly everything. she climbs. she basks (Although we need a new heat lamp since it isn't the right temp) she eats. and she loves to be held by me (I've had her for 3 days and a half) but the thing is. She's stressed as soon as she's in her enclosure and I don't seem to see her sleep in it. but as soon as I take her out she's active. her stress marks lessen but is still there slightly. she sleeps on me. help?

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
lol it’s called spoiled. My first one did the same and now he’s big enough to free roam in the house. Shyla my baby she’s ok for the most part in her enclosure but sometimes you look at her in there and she just look depressed like “hey you guys when are you taking me out. I would recommend you cutting a piece of an old shirt or something so she can get used to smell inside as well and she may become a lil more comfortable being inside.

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
lol it’s called spoiled. My first one did the same and now he’s big enough to free roam in the house. Shyla my baby she’s ok for the most part in her enclosure but sometimes you look at her in there and she just look depressed like “hey you guys when are you taking me out. I would recommend you cutting a piece of an old shirt or something so she can get used to smell inside as well and she may become a lil more comfortable being inside.
oh okay, thank you so much :) I notice her marks are always super dark in her cage but lighter outside it. Should I try and keep her in there more to make her get used to it or should I keep doing what I am? (holding her whenever i can bc she likes handling)

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Personally I would keep doing what your doing but have a piece of your clothes or cloth inside for when you can’t. Make her feel like she’s with you even inside.

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
Personally I would keep doing what your doing but have a piece of your clothes or cloth inside for when you can’t. Make her feel like she’s with you even inside.
thank you so so so much, I have been worried to death about her. she is such a drama queen lol. So dramatic

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
You think yours is spoiled. Lemme show you Shyla bed.

Attachments

• F593CEFE-D922-460D-B510-9B90C4125DB7.jpeg
    F593CEFE-D922-460D-B510-9B90C4125DB7.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 73
  • DF98E185-BD40-4811-8F28-8F18948AA97E.jpeg
    DF98E185-BD40-4811-8F28-8F18948AA97E.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 92

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
thank you so so so much, I have been worried to death about her. she is such a drama queen lol. So dramatic
Stress is also caused by incorrect uvb and basking temps-- please go over the uvb your using and surface basking temps-- you need a digital probe thermometer- stick ons are incorrect - if everything is good we can rule it out - they do go thru relocation stress but you want that uvb and temps spot on it will help her acclimate to the tank faster

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
Stress is also caused by incorrect uvb and basking temps-- please go over the uvb your using and surface basking temps-- you need a digital probe thermometer- stick ons are incorrect - if everything is good we can rule it out - they do go thru relocation stress but you want that uvb and temps spot on it will help her acclimate to the tank faster
Yeah we're currently trying to get a better one. Do you have any recs?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom