My Beardie is not acting "normal"

Beardie name(s)
Drogon
For him...
Not sure how old he is, but we recently had a cold snap here. Winter in Florida. Dragons night Temps shipped to 65°-68° Readme, nothing too concerning, and he basked and gapped on his hammock, occasionally dropping to his cool zone... sometimes for lengths of time i thought was too long, so I'd return him to his basking spot and he'd feel cold when it's move him.
He is eating, but minimally, and only dedicates if I put him in the sink in warm water.
But what's really odd and out of character for him is he's started head bobbing a LOT. And his throat is black much more than EVER before.
Nothing has changed externally for him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
For him...
Not sure how old he is, but we recently had a cold snap here. Winter in Florida. Dragons night Temps shipped to 65°-68° Readme, nothing too concerning, and he basked and gapped on his hammock, occasionally dropping to his cool zone... sometimes for lengths of time i thought was too long, so I'd return him to his basking spot and he'd feel cold when it's move him.
He is eating, but minimally, and only dedicates if I put him in the sink in warm water.
But what's really odd and out of character for him is he's started head bobbing a LOT. And his throat is black much more than EVER before.
Nothing has changed externally for him.
The head bobbing is a mating thing - and hes sporting a black beard - is there another female or dragon in the house that he can see? the not eating could be associated w/ the mating behavior -- what kind of UVB are you using coil or a long tube fixture ? what are his surface basking temps and how are you getting them? Stick ons are inaccurate

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom