My beardie is hissing

Beardie name(s)
Raine
My beardie is hissing and I don't know what to do. I went to pet her back yesterday and she hissed at me. She is only like nine months old. I feed her veggies in the morning and either crickets or mealworms after I get home from school. Her lights come on at 7 and go off at 8 30. I don't know what to do.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Nine months would be around the puberty/rebel phase but hissing is fairly extreme.
How long have you had her and how much do you handle her?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

When does she primarily do the hissing? Are you moving too quickly around her possibly?
I would try handling her daily, if you can & get her out of her tank to socialize her. They thrive
on attention so try finding a favorite food or snack that she likes that you can possibly hand feed
her.

Tracie

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Exactly. You can also try putting your hand close to her and just leaving it inside the tank for a minute or two and see if she calmes down before interacting with her.

Beardie name(s)
Toto
Like the others said, try to let her trust you a bit more, (by placing your hand inside, hand feeding, etc.) and once she stops hissing and let’s you stroke her calmly, after a bit of that you can try to pick her up and if she lets you hold her on your lap for a bit. You can also let her walk around the room a bit. Eventually she’ll hopefully grow to like you, but all beardies are different. And try to handle her daily, then shelll get more used to you and have some more enrichment. Hope this helps!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom