My beardie hates my parents....

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
so I am convinced! LOL Okay we know about Rocky's response to my father. Well, on a recent visit, I had his set up (ugh I should've taken a picture) where he can free roam- with my supervision during a visit that should last a few hours. It's the first time I tried this but it was a success until...
(For new readers: Rocky's temporary set up is a playpen)
As long as Rocky saw me, he didn't move. He would turn around, move up/down the basking area but not leave the designated area. Well, I stepped away for 1 minute and asked my mother to keep an eye on him. She's the ONLY person I trust with Rocky for 5 minutes because that's all that she can handle.

Rocky leaves from under the light and walks about 6 feet (he DID NOT WIGGLE)- my mother says, "you better not got potty." I walk back in the room as I can hear what's happening.
Like me, you don't tell Rocky what he can't do LOL-
I swear this was the first time I saw Rocky poop with no wiggle. OMG I couldn't stop laughing.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But to my amazement, Rocky went right under the light again. I start screaming, "OMG he's so smart, did you see that? He resumed his lighting!!" Needless to say, my mother didn't care but I thought that was hilarious! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Of course I cleaned up the poop and had to hear "that long thing came from that?" I responded, "Yes because he's healthy- see the right amount of moisture- the white part is the urate, remember?!" Her eyes said, "GET OUT NOW!"
I also reminded her of Rocky's manners as he did not poop in front of us, he went 6 ft out of the way, how courteous! :love:

FYI- I took my lamp stand for the basking light and took two of my mother's flowerpot stool things that are of a good height...my UVB is attached to the bottom of the old tank cover (smart right) and that was my set up. While I did forget a towel or something, I just had his basking log, another piece of driftwood and food/water bowls available. Oh a portable thermometer/humidity gauge and digital thermometer to keep eye on his body temp. I believe that was all -

Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is really pretty funny. He will most likely outgrow that behavior. They do that a lot if they
aren't used to someone but it can be pretty entertaining! How often do you think he will be around
your parents?

Tracie

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Hello,

That is really pretty funny. He will most likely outgrow that behavior. They do that a lot if they
aren't used to someone but it can be pretty entertaining! How often do you think he will be around
your parents?

Tracie
Rocky sees them about 1-2 times a month.* We live in different areas. However, some of the visits will be longer. My father is overbearing with Rocky and my mother lets Rocky do whatever he wants to do (when I tried to redirect him previously).
I actually packed duplicates of everything so I don't have to do the back and forth - because we weren't staying over, I was creative with the lighting.

*I think this is too much for Rocky or if they came to Rocky's house (lol) it would be easier. Especially with my father...I keep telling him that Rocky is in shed and very sensitive right now so he can leave him alone. Poor Rocky has been in shed forever according to me!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Most people have baby bags, formula, diapers, food, ect
You have a beardie bag, i love it lol.:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:(y)(y)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom