My beardie has runny blood in her feces and has a black beard :(

Snazzybliss

Beardie name(s)
Rexina
Hi, a week ago I noticed my beardie had dark red blood in her poop. And throughout these past few days it’s became more like a penny size (or less of a streak) red bright blood and more liquid, I noticed the last time she didnt even poop but just blood came out. She hasn’t been eating or interested in live insects, but she seems active, moving around in her tank and outside and her entire body but her beard is all clear (no stress lines). I’m not sure what it can be, I was thinking parasites because her feces has a bad odor to it and it’s also darker and irregular than usual plus the blood?? I’m not too sure if someone has an input and have seen this or these symptoms elsewhere, I would gladly hear what you have to say, I’m really worried, and I don’t have the funds to take her to the vet right now :(

Attachments

• B8C936C9-5FED-4EFB-A4B1-7FD74075DACC.jpeg
    B8C936C9-5FED-4EFB-A4B1-7FD74075DACC.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 102

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, a week ago I noticed my beardie had dark red blood in her poop. And throughout these past few days it’s became more like a penny size (or less of a streak) red bright blood and more liquid, I noticed the last time she didnt even poop but just blood came out. She hasn’t been eating or interested in live insects, but she seems active, moving around in her tank and outside and her entire body but her beard is all clear (no stress lines). I’m not sure what it can be, I was thinking parasites because her feces has a bad odor to it and it’s also darker and irregular than usual plus the blood?? I’m not too sure if someone has an input and have seen this or these symptoms elsewhere, I would gladly hear what you have to say, I’m really worried, and I don’t have the funds to take her to the vet right now :(
Please get a sample into the vet right away--- it needs to be 24 hour sample- call a reptile vet ask them if you can drop a fecal off for parasite testing- NO enemas - please go over your uvb No coils please-- surface basking temps-- how are you taking them and what are they - here's a website for a reptile vet in your area- if your in a small town please type in a bigger cities zip code

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Goodness....how long has this been happening?
If you can't afford a vet, can you take just a fecal sample into the local vet for analysis? Any
vet, whether they treat reptiles or not, can do a basic fecal exam to help determine what could
be going on.
If she isn't eating, I would recommend getting some chicken or turkey baby food, mixed with
squash or sweet potato baby food making a slurry for her. Simply use a plastic syringe or dropper
to get food into her. Just drop it onto the end of her nose to see if she will lick food off of her nose
that way.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Snazzybliss

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rexina
Please get a sample into the vet right away--- it needs to be 24 hour sample- call a reptile vet ask them if you can drop a fecal off for parasite testing- NO enemas - please go over your uvb No coils please-- surface basking temps-- how are you taking them and what are they - here's a website for a reptile vet in your area- if your in a small town please type in a bigger cities zip code
Hello,

Goodness....how long has this been happening?
If you can't afford a vet, can you take just a fecal sample into the local vet for analysis? Any
vet, whether they treat reptiles or not, can do a basic fecal exam to help determine what could
be going on.
If she isn't eating, I would recommend getting some chicken or turkey baby food, mixed with
squash or sweet potato baby food making a slurry for her. Simply use a plastic syringe or dropper
to get food into her. Just drop it onto the end of her nose to see if she will lick food off of her nose
that way.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
Thank youu <3 I called around my local vets and couldn’t get her in until next week. Yesterday she was showing signs of heavy breathing, so I spent the last few hours with her and today unfortunately passed away. She was diagnosed with Atadenovirus a few years ago so I’m just grateful that she lived the time she did:,) thank you guys again, I appreciate it <3

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank youu <3 I called around my local vets and couldn’t get her in until next week. Yesterday she was showing signs of heavy breathing, so I spent the last few hours with her and today unfortunately passed away. She was diagnosed with Atadenovirus a few years ago so I’m just grateful that she lived the time she did:,) thank you guys again, I appreciate it <3
I am so sorry to hear this -- it was good you were there for her -- it's hard but at least she was cared for and I am sure she knew that - again I am 😔

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear you lost her suddenly. It is never ever easy to have to go through
that. I am positive she knew just how much you loved her.:cry: I am glad you were there
with her so she wasn't alone.
Bless her.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom