Jul 28, 2022 AECPL - Complete Reptile with CBC - 003 1.00 144.10
Jul 28, 2022 Office Visit - Avian / Reptile 1.00 88.00
Jul 28, 2022 Subcutaneous Fluids 1.00 40.85
Jul 28, 2022 Vitamin B Complex - Injectable 0.02 26.49
Jul 28, 2022 Calcium Gluconate - 23% - Injectable 0.16 26.53
Jul 28, 2022 Enema with Administration 1.00 36.49

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So the vet actually gave Loki an enema after he had severe diarrhea and vomiting ? Oh wow, if that is the case, along with the other stuff he did that probably was what contributed to his death. I'm so sorry that all of this happened. : (
Loki was very weak but might have survived but then he got 2 shots, sub-Q fluids, a blood draw and an enema. All of that is pretty stressful for even a healthy dragon .smh

Last edited:

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
Oh no, I'm so sorrry !!!! This is the danger of people posting pics of shedding tails that are not tail rot and a vet that did not know the difference. I think we need a PSA on the forum that can clearly show it the difference. Loki didn't need any of that , no neosporin or charcoal. His tail just had a tiny bit of shed on it, we've seen hundreds just like it, but you didn't know. I'm so, so sorry.
I did not know and I saw several posts discussing how bad rot is for them, like an eager parent I wanted to help. Exactly how getting only part of a story can be very dangerous for a dragons care. If you need pics of my Loki for a PSA please use them, you have my permission. I've had every type of pet and this was my first dragon, i can't begin to explain how much of a part of our family and routine he had become. I am heart broken over this loss.

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
So the vet actually gave Loki an enema after he had severe diarrhea and vomiting ? Oh wow, if that is the case, along with the other stuff he did that probably was what contributed to his death. I'm so sorry that all of this happened. : (
Also it was a she, unfortunately I did not see your post till it was too late, they advertised as having experience with dragons and I was so desperate. The par that killed me was after all the treatment they said, well there is a chance he's not going to make it. He went in alert, perky and had finally got his color back. He left limp and all black and never regained real alertness. The shame and guilt I am feeling is bottomless. But yes, i told them he was pooping loosely and vomiting, she said she saw something in his colon, it ended up being a tiny little poop with a little charcoal mixed in.

Last edited:

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
They will hide the data but even in humans, medical error accounts for way more deaths than we'd ever imagine. Sad and part of that includes what I did to the poor little guy.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I can't tell you enough how sorry I am, please don't beat yourself up. I know those words sound hollow now but you have to get through this and I know it is very, very difficult and heartbreaking for you.

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
I can't tell you enough how sorry I am, please don't beat yourself up. I know those words sound hollow now but you have to get through this and I know it is very, very difficult and heartbreaking for you.
Thank you, I just want to be on the record as taking responsibility for my actions. I will use the experience as a lesson and try my best to move forward. It truly was the perfect storm of crap that led to this outcome. I wish I had found this group before this happened. Thank all of you for the support and sharing your knowledge and experiences.

Attachments

• loki1.jpg
    loki1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 56
  • loki12.jpg
    loki12.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 50
  • loki3.jpg
    loki3.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 50
  • loki14.jpg
    loki14.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 52
  • loki15.jpg
    loki15.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 50
  • loki6.jpg
    loki6.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 56
  • loki17.jpg
    loki17.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 52
  • loki8.jpg
    loki8.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 57

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What a beautiful , happy looking dragon. This montage brought tears to my eyes, I'm choking up as I look at it. Don't blame yourself, there's a lot of misinformation on the web and if you had known this would be the outcome you would not have had this bad chain of events happen. You're not to blame at all. I know it may be the furthest thing from your mind but if and when the time comes you will be a great beardie parent for another dragon, maybe even a rescue.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom