My beardie has been posioned?

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
For now it's just a wait and see unless you could get him in to a reptile vet right away but your appt. is for later in the day. Has he stopped vomiting , will he accept a tiny bit of plain water ? Lets hope he can hang on until the vet visit and when you go, tell him everything that you've tried and everything that has happened.
Fair enough, thank you again.

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
He is finally passing a bunch of old poo as I’ve been hydrating him. His beard has returned to normal color but is still very weak and not interested in anything but rest.

Jessss

How is he doing? Please let us know how the vets goes! Im not sure if anyone has mentioned it in this post but please NO ENEMAS.The mention of him now passing old poo could make some vets suggest an enema.Enemas are very dangerous and 100% would cause more problems and possibly be life threatening to your little guy! I really hope he’s doing better,please keep us updated!

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
Vet did tests and X-rays will know more when we get the blood work back. He had a very hard day today and I’m hoping with all my heart he makes it through the night.
The doctor confirmed he DOES have tail rot, please all have Loki in your thoughts, we all could use the good mojo.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
YOU GOT IT!!!!
Poor little guy. Knowing it's indeed tail rot, thats probably why he is feeling ill more than the meds or the charcoal. His immune system has probably been fighting off infection and it has taken it out of him.
We will all be rooting for you both, keep us posted.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
YOU GOT IT!!!!
Poor little guy. Knowing it's indeed tail rot, thats probably why he is feeling ill more than the meds or the charcoal. His immune system has probably been fighting off infection and it has taken it out of him.
We will all be rooting for you both, keep us posted.
It's not tail rot though, his vet might have quickly Googled and come up with the wrong diagnosis.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.P , I've linked your other thread here so more people can see your pics of his tail. Experienced owners and the mods. can tell you that is not tail rot.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh good grief, I hope he is feeling better. For now, go ahead & cease giving anymore charcoal,
he has probably gotten any toxins rendered inactive by now especially if he has been passing
some of it through. Keep him well hydrated & let his system finish flushing everything through.
Where is the picture of your dragon's tail?

Tracie

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
Hello,

Oh good grief, I hope he is feeling better. For now, go ahead & cease giving anymore charcoal,
he has probably gotten any toxins rendered inactive by now especially if he has been passing
some of it through. Keep him well hydrated & let his system finish flushing everything through.

Tracie
Loki passed away last night. The vet did several things which I thought would have helped him but seemed to take away whatever fight he had left in him. What a tough little guy, I’m so proud of how hard he fought.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so sorrry !!!! This is the danger of people posting pics of shedding tails that are not tail rot and a vet that did not know the difference. I think we need a PSA on the forum that can clearly show it the difference. Loki didn't need any of that , no neosporin or charcoal. His tail just had a tiny bit of shed on it, we've seen hundreds just like it, but you didn't know. I'm so, so sorry.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hello,

Tracie
Tracie the pics are here on his other thread. If that was posted on the other thread, enough people could have seen it but it was on this thread. Unfortunately Loki passed !! Here is a pic of his tail among a few others. There was no tail rot.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom