My beardie has been posioned?

Enowicki11

Beardie name(s)
Loki
I was watching a video and it told me to put Neosporin on my bearded dragons tail rot. unfortunately I used the one with pain relief and now my bearded dragon has one eye closed and it’s acting lethargic and won’t eat he was extremely healthy and had a great appetite before today please help with any recommendations.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was watching a video and it told me to put Neosporin on my bearded dragons tail rot. unfortunately I used the one with pain relief and now my bearded dragon has one eye closed and it’s acting lethargic and won’t eat he was extremely healthy and had a great appetite before today please help with any recommendations.
I am not sure how to help on this one --- so I will flag to AHBD maybe she can
@AHBD

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
Thank you, the vet office said it’s not urgent but based on the way he’s acting it seems urgent. I live in a vacation land on Cape Cod and all the vacationers ruined services like this for regular people like me and obviously make it impossible for my little guy to be seen in an appropriate time frame

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you, the vet office said it’s not urgent but based on the way he’s acting it seems urgent. I live in a vacation land on Cape Cod and all the vacationers ruined services like this for regular people like me and obviously make it impossible for my little guy to be seen in an appropriate time frame
:(

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's hard to just sit by when they are sick. I hope he pulls through and everthing is ok.
Search the forums for activated charcoal. I'm no expert but it might help. I'm at work right now but if i get a few minutes I'll look for it also and post a link

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
From the post i found, they were saying to follow the directions on the box. I think you can get it at pharmacies and health food stores.
I hope this helps :)

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
I actually take charcoal for my stomach, I’m actually already feeding it to him. Seems to be helping? And yes please let me know anything else you can. Thank you very much

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
From the post i found, they were saying to follow the directions on the box. I think you can get it at pharmacies and health food stores.
I hope this helps :)
Sorry did you send a link or something, I can’t see anything?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I didn't, it didn't elaborate more than to just say follow the directions so i didn't link it

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I will also tag Drache613 she is a vet tech, but i think its late in the day when she is on.
@Drache613

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
One more post with some dosage info

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom