My beardie has been posioned?

Enowicki11

Beardie name(s)
Loki
I was watching a video and it told me to put Neosporin on my bearded dragons tail rot. unfortunately I used the one with pain relief and now my bearded dragon has one eye closed and it’s acting lethargic and won’t eat he was extremely healthy and had a great appetite before today please help with any recommendations.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
I was watching a video and it told me to put Neosporin on my bearded dragons tail rot. unfortunately I used the one with pain relief and now my bearded dragon has one eye closed and it’s acting lethargic and won’t eat he was extremely healthy and had a great appetite before today please help with any recommendations.
I am not sure how to help on this one --- so I will flag to AHBD maybe she can
@AHBD

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
I am not sure how to help on this one --- so I will flag to AHBD maybe she can
@AHBD
Thanks, he is definitely acting off, he is extremely routine and everything is off today. One eye closes, black beard which he never gets, won’t eat, which never ever happens.

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
Thank you, the vet office said it’s not urgent but based on the way he’s acting it seems urgent. I live in a vacation land on Cape Cod and all the vacationers ruined services like this for regular people like me and obviously make it impossible for my little guy to be seen in an appropriate time frame

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
Thank you, the vet office said it’s not urgent but based on the way he’s acting it seems urgent. I live in a vacation land on Cape Cod and all the vacationers ruined services like this for regular people like me and obviously make it impossible for my little guy to be seen in an appropriate time frame
:(

xp29

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby & Snicker Doodle
It's hard to just sit by when they are sick. I hope he pulls through and everthing is ok.
Search the forums for activated charcoal. I'm no expert but it might help. I'm at work right now but if i get a few minutes I'll look for it also and post a link

xp29

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
From the post i found, they were saying to follow the directions on the box. I think you can get it at pharmacies and health food stores.
I hope this helps :)

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
I actually take charcoal for my stomach, I’m actually already feeding it to him. Seems to be helping? And yes please let me know anything else you can. Thank you very much

Enowicki11

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
From the post i found, they were saying to follow the directions on the box. I think you can get it at pharmacies and health food stores.
I hope this helps :)
Sorry did you send a link or something, I can’t see anything?

xp29

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
I didn't, it didn't elaborate more than to just say follow the directions so i didn't link it

xp29

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
One more post with some dosage info

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

C34BF977-474F-4233-BF7E-8C797567E429.jpeg
Buffy snuggling with my partner!!!
So freaking handsome I just love youuuuu so much 💕
There is something wrong with my beardies left eye!! I included a picture where it shows what her right eye looks like then the others are what her left eye is. She always has it closed (as much as she can) and she finally opened it for a bit when i misted her. I don’t know what i could be doing wrong and it’s not from sand because she doesn’t have it in her cage.
This is a message for all Bearded Dragon owners: do NOT feed your Dragon pellets! Feeding your Dragon pellets can cause SICKNESS and GREAT HARM! So please, do NOT feed your Dragon pellets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nv72694
Top Bottom