My beardie has 2 lumps on the base of her back

Snazzybliss

Beardie name(s)
Rexina
I noticed that my beardie has two soft odd lumps near her legs but on her back sides. Also feels alittle bloated in her stomach but does not have a lot of stress lines. I feed her horn worms and blueberries occasionally, collard greens, peppers, peas, crickets, buffet blend, meal and super worms all dusted with vitamin powder and calcium although she is not eating as much the past 2 weeks. She’s pretty active when I take her out a few times a week, sometimes in her tank too. She was diagnosed with adenovirus virus 3 years ago when I took her to the vet and now is 4 years old gratefully, at least once a week since she was diagnosed I give her immune health liquid drops and also humidifier her with water mixed with F10 Sc veterinary disinfectant for 10 minutes which the vet said was helping the virus (since it’s fatal to beardies and don’t live very long having it) so I continued to do so. I’m not sure if it has to do with her virus or if it’s a cause or condition from something else? The pictures below are when she just had a bath, not as noticeable but before the bath it was when laying flat. If anyone may know what it can be from I would gladly appreciate your responses and thoughts on this!
464A1AD2-41CF-4A2B-9284-8C5242082A8F.jpeg
F9CA8C22-CF85-4373-A0C6-6412F0547E42.jpeg
3CED21B7-5025-474C-A8A0-7A7EFE530CE7.jpeg

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I noticed that my beardie has two soft odd lumps near her legs but on her back sides. Also feels alittle bloated in her stomach but does not have a lot of stress lines. I feed her horn worms and blueberries occasionally, collard greens, peppers, peas, crickets, buffet blend, meal and super worms all dusted with vitamin powder and calcium although she is not eating as much the past 2 weeks. She’s pretty active when I take her out a few times a week, sometimes in her tank too. She was diagnosed with adenovirus virus 3 years ago when I took her to the vet and now is 4 years old gratefully, at least once a week since she was diagnosed I give her immune health liquid drops and also humidifier her with water mixed with F10 Sc veterinary disinfectant for 10 minutes which the vet said was helping the virus (since it’s fatal to beardies and don’t live very long having it) so I continued to do so. I’m not sure if it has to do with her virus or if it’s a cause or condition from something else? The pictures below are when she just had a bath, not as noticeable but before the bath it was when laying flat. If anyone may know what it can be from I would gladly appreciate your responses and thoughts on this! View attachment 75844 View attachment 75845 View attachment 75846
I will have our vet tech mod on here take a look- she can help better than I- shes on late at night
@Drache613

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't see anything unusual at all. Every now + then there may be a slight change around the stomach area but that's normal because of the relatively huge abdominal capacity. Think of how much they can eat and how much they can poo, there's lots of " storage space " in our beardie's bellies .

Snazzybliss

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rexina
That makes sense especially if b4 I gave her a bath it was a lot more noticeable but it went down afterwards. If it becomes more visible again I’ll try to take a picture but hopefully it’s nothing and just a change in her tummy like you said. Thank you :)!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,
I agree, she looks great for being adeno positive, too.
The irregular shape on the side of the tummy is normal. It definitely doesn't appear to be anything
serious like a cyst or abscess, etc.
She looks very sweet!

Tracie

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom