My beardie goes back to tank by herself after exploring

Owning a bearded dragon is the best! They always put a smile on my face and do something interesting.

It's quite usual for beardies to jump out of tanks to explore, but never go back in unless you pick them up. Recently, my beardie seems to have learned to go back to the tank by herself. She likes to give me a "I need to explore signal" by leaning on the tank door. When I open the tank door, she'll then jumps out, explore around for a few minutes, then climb back into the tank to bask/sleep.

Do any of your beardies does this?

IMG_1453.jpg

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
So we turned a tv stand into a enclosure. We slide the doors to middle and allow him to free roam. Oddly enough when he comes out he go straight to the sliding glass door (and yes it closed) and when he gets tired/bored or hungry. He goes back in there on his own and either gets on his hammock or fav branch. Oh and he’s even so smart sometimes he can slide the door open and get out on his own.

Charmander Father

Original Poster
So we turned a tv stand into a enclosure. We slide the doors to middle and allow him to free roam. Oddly enough when he comes out he go straight to the sliding glass door (and yes it closed) and when he gets tired/bored or hungry. He goes back in there on his own and either gets on his hammock or fav branch. Oh and he’s even so smart sometimes he can slide the door open and get out on his own.
Seems like we both got ourselves a dog that looks like a tiny dragon!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I see my lizard is being given Allopurinol 100ml tablet 10mg/ml (0.4) and tramadol 0.2ml every other day to help with gout. I have tramadol at home can I water it down and give it to her and if so do anyone know how much to water down ?
323A2CAE-899F-4592-90D2-DC37D45A30F1.jpeg

Baby photo! Look at how little and cute I was!!!
C34BF977-474F-4233-BF7E-8C797567E429.jpeg
Buffy snuggling with my partner!!!
Gout in bearded dragons
So freaking handsome I just love youuuuu so much 💕

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina16
Top Bottom