My Beardie Cant Catch His Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my little buddy Elvis has been acting really lazy lately. He just sits on his rock all day and just lays there. Even when I put his crickets in with him he just lays there and watches them crawl around. He usually will hunt them down like a crazy dragon. But he wont move to get them and when he does he cant catch them. He will just go to get them with his tongue and just miss like 3 times in a row and just forget about it. I recently have been giving him Reptaid (http://www.reptaid.com/) hoping this will help him improve but its been about 4 days and i see no sign of improvement. Please somebody help me Im worried.

msmisty

Have you tried laying him on your hand and just taking him to the crixs? I know it sounds crazy but one of my dragons wont eat, well he pretty much does what your dragon does, but he olny does this when he is shedding. It works for me, you should give it a try, you never know. :wink: GOOD LUCK

MangoFeet3

Original Poster
Yeah I just take my tongs for crix and just feed them to him that way. He will eat them if i do that. Im thinking he just might be spoiled and might just have me whipped :whip: And is being a little booger. Im just hoping he isnt sick or anything

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
You can try feeding worms, they don't need as much chasing. My beardie now prefers worms (silkworms, butterworm, supers) because she became lazy. I put the worm bowl a few steps away from her, and she gets up and go eat them with appetite. But with roaches, she just waits until the roach walks right in front of her mouth, and if she misses she waits for the next time the roach comes close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom