My beardie bit her tongue somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

markv

My beardie had a bleeding tongue today I noticed while she was feeding, it looks like a gash along it that looks indicative of a bite mark on her tongue. Any reason why she would have bite her own tongue, and what would I need to do to ensure no infection of any sort?

Should I hold off on feeding her for a day or two until it heals?

There are no lizard doctor petvets near me :( (those who watched castle frightenstein will get the doctor petvet comment ;) )

Any help would be appreciated!

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
It could Possibly have been an accident, I know I've bitten my tongue a lot of times while eating and other such activities, I've never heard of a BD biting their tongue due to anger or frustration, and I have no clue what to do or how to stop infection. Hopefully it will just heal up by itself ( It most likely will ).

markv

Original Poster
I think what i might do is stick to washed veggies only and no live food for a few days and hope that'll stave off any infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom