My beardie ate his poop! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyssavallejos

Original Poster
A week ago my 1 year old bearded dragon was trying to eat a worm but accidentally ate his poop next to it. His tank is usually clean but the one time I forget to pick up his poop. It was kinda large, about the size of his head, maybe a little smaller. He seemed fine after he ate it and still continues to eat, but now I’m noticing he is eating less and hasn’t pooped in a week. He also has a little part of his mouth open with the tongue near it, along with his beard being extra black. I don’t know what to do.

Attachments

• 57E99A90-8D32-426B-9F1B-92829053354D.jpeg
    57E99A90-8D32-426B-9F1B-92829053354D.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 179
  • 74AD139D-25D7-4F3D-945B-5ECD070CE962.jpeg
    74AD139D-25D7-4F3D-945B-5ECD070CE962.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 139

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
A week ago my 1 year old bearded dragon was trying to eat a worm but accidentally ate his poop next to it. His tank is usually clean but the one time I forget to pick up his poop. It was kinda large, about the size of his head, maybe a little smaller. He seemed fine after he ate it and still continues to eat, but now I’m noticing he is eating less and hasn’t pooped in a week. He also has a little part of his mouth open with the tongue near it, along with his beard being extra black. I don’t know what to do.
Your dragon is sporting a black beard - he's in distress or pain- please go over the uvb bulb coil or tube? Basking temps and how are you getting them-- No stick ons please and No coils for uvb

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Most of the time, this type of issue is due to a nutritional deficiency meaning, he is probably lacking calcium, or some other type
of vitamin or mineral. Also, as Karrie inquired, please review your UVB lighting with us, that can have a tremendous effect on
their ability to absorb their calcium, too.
How is he doing this evening?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom