MY BEARDIE ATE 2 POISONED ROACHES

Letty

Beardie name(s)
Letty
i was getting ready to feed my Letty & i drop like 20 something medium roaches-well i got my cat & 1 by they came out from under my bed (headboard don’t move its the length of the wall) i put them bck n the container thn gve them water they had a little cat hair on them)-next thing u know some are dying-In the mean time i was feeding Letty & decided 2 give her 1 roach tht was slowly dying thn another one tht wasn’t thn another tht was-after tht the roaches were going belly up- then i remembered i sprayed bug killer behind there (there was a little ant problem here) so i definitely worried
after seeing all them roaches die- some lived(so far) wht can/should i do?? Please any help- she is sleeping RN i got warm clothes on her cuz she has stuck she’s on her head- i was gonna give her a bath-but after seeing wht water did to those roaches im a little worried to submerge her in water-u know just n case.. HELP.. Please

avaw

Beardie name(s)
Rascal
i was getting ready to feed my Letty & i drop like 20 something medium roaches-well i got my cat & 1 by they came out from under my bed (headboard don’t move its the length of the wall) i put them bck n the container thn gve them water they had a little cat hair on them)-next thing u know some are dying-In the mean time i was feeding Letty & decided 2 give her 1 roach tht was slowly dying thn another one tht wasn’t thn another tht was-after tht the roaches were going belly up- then i remembered i sprayed bug killer behind there (there was a little ant problem here) so i definitely worried
after seeing all them roaches die- some lived(so far) wht can/should i do?? Please any help- she is sleeping RN i got warm clothes on her cuz she has stuck she’s on her head- i was gonna give her a bath-but after seeing wht water did to those roaches im a little worried to submerge her in water-u know just n case.. HELP.. Please
As far as I know bug killer is made to target bugs alone by essentially exploding their exoskeleton from the inside. What type of bug killer is it? Is it a roach trap kind of set up or just standard bug spray? Two roaches shouldn’t have a fatal effect, but you’ll definitely want to watch her. If she becomes lethargic, unresponsive etc then take her too a vet immediately. You could try just giving her water and veggies to try and kind of absorb any traces?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, that isn't the greatest scenario. Definitely keep a close eye on her. You can get some parsley,
mint, oregano, & activated charcoal mixed up into a paste & slurry to give a couple of times daily to help
detox her system. Extra oral fluids can help also.
Please let us know how she is doing. Try to keep her a little warmer overnight right now.

Tracie

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
As far as I know bug killer is made to target bugs alone by essentially exploding their exoskeleton from the inside. What type of bug killer is it? Is it a roach trap kind of set up or just standard bug spray? Two roaches shouldn’t have a fatal effect, but you’ll definitely want to watch her. If she becomes lethargic, unresponsive etc then take her too a vet immediately. You could try just giving her water and veggies to try and kind of absorb any traces?
its big killer like the spray kind from Lowes i think home shield tht for inside & out- all i know is it kills the roaches & fire ants tht r outside here-& ya the roaches tht did die it was slow & horrible-1 was like a roach on crack just running around crazy I was like “Wht the heck is wrong with you” then they starting going bellie up & there legs were no working- its pretty sad even for the roaches- BUT she is doing fine- besides for finally starting an all over shed-which she hasn’t done-& has stuck shed on her head & around her bearded area- Shes FINE-! ty so much for ur reply- i was crying & so worried all day today to while at wrk

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
Hello,

Oh my, that isn't the greatest scenario. Definitely keep a close eye on her. You can get some parsley,
mint, oregano, & activated charcoal mixed up into a paste & slurry to give a couple of times daily to help
detox her system. Extra oral fluids can help also.
Please let us know how she is doing. Try to keep her a little warmer overnight right now.

Tracie
yes, ty-i read about actives charcoal- but hve no clue how much or how to prepare it- & she’s not eating NO fruits or veggies RN due to the shedding- she unfortunately has never done all shed & hasn’t even lost her very 1st layer on her snout & top of head- ive been bathing her the last 2 nites & using a soft toothbrush- & 3 nites ago i trickle water on her for 2 nites & brushed her-while having the hot shower on for warmth & humidity- i had to use shed ease too- which tbh didn’t work- at 1st I thought- it wasn’t working but 2 days later she was starting to shed and looks like the top layer wants to come off-i cleared her nostrils & only 1 ear the other 1 it wouldn’t budge- im thinkn - maybe stress or not enough humidity- i wanna keep her humidity at 30at s minium during the day & up to 50% at nite- any ideas would be great! and for tht remedy how much of tht stuff & whts a slurry? lol- thnk u n advance-

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
**UPDATE** Letty is fine- thnk Goodness- i am getting some of tht stuff for a remedy for accidentally poisoning 😵‍💫 after reading some forums seems it happens more thn i thought, i guess rather hve it & not need it than need it & not have it cuz u just never know🤔

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing tonight, is she getting that shed off now? Wintertime or cooler weather does
tend to be drier air so maybe increasing humidity just a little can help.
She is doing ok now? That is always a good idea to have charcoal around in case of accidental
ingestion of toxins, etc. I can help with dosing if you need, it is pretty easy but you don't have to be
exact on dosing though.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom