My bearded dragons neck got crushed

Brett Zeque

Original Poster
Hello,
A few days ago I was moving my couch around and my bearded dragon was under it so when I lifted, moved and dropped the couch I immediately found him and his neck was under a metal support. There was also a trail of stool from where he was eluding to the fact his stomach was squished as well. It seems like there are a few bruises along his back and he can still move but he is sleeping all the time and only wakes up when I touch him. When I did pick him up his body was very squishy. He is also refusing to eat and even if there is something in his mouth he still doesn’t chew and doesn’t swallow. Please if you know what I should do please help I am really uneducated on what to do in these situations for I have only had him for two years and nothing like this has ever happened.

Edit: Right after I finished writing this my bearded dragon threw up a lot of mealworms and I’m now really getting worried.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, so sorry about this. He needs to be seen by a vet ASAP. There could be fractures, internal injuries etc.I wish the best for your poor dragon, this is an emergency.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,
A few days ago I was moving my couch around and my bearded dragon was under it so when I lifted, moved and dropped the couch I immediately found him and his neck was under a metal support. There was also a trail of stool from where he was eluding to the fact his stomach was squished as well. It seems like there are a few bruises along his back and he can still move but he is sleeping all the time and only wakes up when I touch him. When I did pick him up his body was very squishy. He is also refusing to eat and even if there is something in his mouth he still doesn’t chew and doesn’t swallow. Please if you know what I should do please help I am really uneducated on what to do in these situations for I have only had him for two years and nothing like this has ever happened.

Edit: Right after I finished writing this my bearded dragon threw up a lot of mealworms and I’m now really getting worried.
Try this website to find a vet in your area www.arav.org if your in a small area type in the biggest cities zip code

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom