My bearded dragon not eating, but active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla559

Hi,

I have a 1 year old plus bearded dragon, she is active but not eating.

She has lost a lot of weight, and every time I feed her worms or super worms or anything she is just disinterested in it, she does drink water sometimes when I feed her. But she does not drink any from the water bowl.

Can anyone help me, please.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We can review your tank setup to be sure everything is all correct with your temperatures,
UVB lighting, nutrition, etc.
If she has lost a lot of weight, then I would highly recommend getting a fecal done on her
to see if her worm or coccidia levels are too high which can be affecting her health.
For now, you ca try making a food slurry out of chicken or turkey baby food mixed with either
squash or sweet potato baby food.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes please do what Tracie has asked w/ your husbandry --- if you decide to get a fecal done please NO ENEMAS!!
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=252267
I would get one from her/ him and take it in to the vet and go from there -- in the mean time please post what your using for a UVB basking temps etc --

Godzilla559

Original Poster
Yes!

Thanks Tracie and other for your replies, really appreciate it.

I am using a Solar Glo exo terra 120w, two repti sun 100 Uvb bulbs.

Basking zone - 105
Cool zone - 80-90.

Feeds:

Super Worms, mealworms, calcium worms.

Recently I just added in the two new uvb lightbulbs and substrate and changed her hideout and setup.

Today she has ate 3 super worms, but when I feed her her veggies she is disinterested. She did poop, but it is runny and empty, I suspect it is from lack of eating.

Yes, I will try to make the slurry. Thanks for the tips!

Do give me honest opinions on my setup, I am still learning and will appreciate all the feedback I can get.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The SolarGlo MVB light is fine, no problem there. How close is it to him? Is it on top of
or underneath of the screen top?
Which tube bulb are you using, the Reptisun 10 tube bulb & you have 2 of them?
The cooler end temperatures should probably go a little lower, to around 78-82 or so, in
case he might be getting too warm. Are you using a temp gun or digital probe?
Overall things sound like they are set up well. If you can manage it, try to post some pictures
of your tank setup so we can see the setup arrangement.
Is her beard normal colored or darker than usual?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom