My bearded dragon just regurgitated everything he ate yesterday

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
Please find them and get them out crickets should not be left in the tank - they will come out at night and bite your dragon causing infection-- please clean the tank out-
They almost never get left in the tank, my beardie is ferocious to anything that is smaller than it and can find them, and if not, I get them. These ones have been under the water bowl, which I can't look under or all of the water will spill out and I don't wanna clean it up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They almost never get left in the tank, my beardie is ferocious to anything that is smaller than it and can find them, and if not, I get them. These ones have been under the water bowl, which I can't look under or all of the water will spill out and I don't wanna clean it up.
Your tank needs to be cleaned- your asking for a very sick dragon w/ out the uvb is just the start but the fecal and other things he's going to get fungus and other skin ailments- one a good cause for yellow fungus which will kill the dragon -- just saying-

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening?
What are you measuring the tank temperatures with, a digital probe or a temp gun?
It sounds like he didn't digest very well at all. If the cooler end was 50F that is definitely
too cool & 70F is a bit cool as well. The basking temperatures do need to be in a range
of 95-105F to keep them at optimal temperatures to help with activity levels & digestion.
Were you able to find a better tube bulb for him for UVB?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening?
What are you measuring the tank temperatures with, a digital probe or a temp gun?
It sounds like he didn't digest very well at all. If the cooler end was 50F that is definitely
too cool & 70F is a bit cool as well. The basking temperatures do need to be in a range
of 95-105F to keep them at optimal temperatures to help with activity levels & digestion.
Were you able to find a better tube bulb for him for UVB?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie
He was very angry when i tried to clean out his cage and tried to bite me. I usually use a analog thing and leave it in there to check the temperature, basking side 101F, cooling side about 80

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He was very angry when i tried to clean out his cage and tried to bite me. I usually use a analog thing and leave it in there to check the temperature, basking side 101F, cooling side about 80
Those are inaccurate - surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- analogs are good for ambient only

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, you may have just scared him a bit, cleaning out his tank. Maybe try to coax him up onto
your hand before you clean out his tank again. Some of them get a little nervous if you put your hand
inside of their tank to do some cleaning.
As Karrie suggested, we all recommend measuring the temperatures with either a digital probe or a
temp gun to be sure of the basking & ambient temperatures.

Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom