My bearded dragon just regurgitated everything he ate yesterday

He doesn't look very good and he didn't sleep last night. I don't think it's overfeeding because he's trying to eat his barf. Recently he also had urate with reddish crystals in it (fresh). Does he have a parasite????

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
He doesn't look very good and he didn't sleep last night. I don't think it's overfeeding because he's trying to eat his barf. Recently he also had urate with reddish crystals in it (fresh). Does he have a parasite????
He just completely ate his barf but he still doesn't look like he feels well. I am spooked because I was sitting and watching tv and I started hearing weird noises and saw him regurgitating some bugs

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How big is your dragon, what and how much did he eat and how late did he eat yesterday ? Can you post pics of him and his set up ? If they eat late or are out of the tank after a meal they may not have enough heat to digest their food. It's odd that he would eat it again though.

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
How big is your dragon, what and how much did he eat and how late did he eat yesterday ? Can you post pics of him and his set up ? If they eat late or are out of the tank after a meal they may not have enough heat to digest their food. It's odd that he would eat it again though.
I don't have anything to measure him, but he's about the size of a large-ish hairbrush, he had 27 small-ish big-ish crickets, some not eaten because little crevices in his container, he had them about 2 pm which is when I always feed him. I also included a photo of some of his poop because I thought it might be useful?? I also noticed some yellowish stuff on his belly from earlier in the day

Attachments

• IMG_20220616_190743557_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20220616_190743557_HDR[1].jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20220616_190731267[1].jpg
    IMG_20220616_190731267[1].jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20220616_190726257[1].jpg
    IMG_20220616_190726257[1].jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20220613_165846289_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20220613_165846289_HDR[1].jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 67

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Was he in his tank afterwards or did he roam outside in your room ? How many watts are the bulbs you have and is one of them a compact or coil uvb bulb ? You'll need to get a long tube uvb bulb . Karrie can recommend good ones. Is it hotter than usual in your house or what is the temp. ? The poo looks fine and so does his belly.

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
Was he in his tank afterwards or did he roam outside in your room ? How many watts are the bulbs you have and is one of them a compact or coil uvb bulb ? You'll need to get a long tube uvb bulb . Karrie can recommend good ones. Is it hotter than usual in your house or what is the temp. ? The poo looks fine and so does his belly.
We haven't been able to find a long tube UVB bulb at my local reptile shop, they say they will be in stock later. My house has good A.C and I've been keeping my room at a comfortable temperature. He doesn't like leaving his tank and isn't fond of being handled, but will suck it up if needed. The bulbs are about 150 watts. He seems like he's basking, though he usually does it on his hammock. They aren't compacts or coils. They are normal bulbs.

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
I don't have anything to measure him, but he's about the size of a large-ish hairbrush, he had 27 small-ish big-ish crickets, some not eaten because little crevices in his container, he had them about 2 pm which is when I always feed him. I also included a photo of some of his poop because I thought it might be useful?? I also noticed some yellowish stuff on his belly from earlier in the day
I forgot, he also regurgitated some waxworms I fed him as treats 2 days ago.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
We haven't been able to find a long tube UVB bulb at my local reptile shop, they say they will be in stock later. My house has good A.C and I've been keeping my room at a comfortable temperature. He doesn't like leaving his tank and isn't fond of being handled, but will suck it up if needed. The bulbs are about 150 watts. He seems like he's basking, though he usually does it on his hammock. They aren't compacts or coils. They are normal bulbs.
I’m not sure if you order things online or what state/country tour in but I know chewy and Petco had the tube lights in stock

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I forgot, he also regurgitated some waxworms I fed him as treats 2 days ago.
Please order on line for your uvb- you want a 24" fixture zoo med Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
This will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up but what you want is a 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Look for this one at pet smart if you have one if not get the zoo med - please get 2 digital probe thermometers - I dont see any gauges to get accurate surface basking temps--
Zoo Med Digital Thermometer
Please get this stuff as soon as you can your dragon needs the uvb now - can't express that enough - your basking bulbs are what brand? When you get the uvb post back on here I will help you get it set up for your tank they have certain placement and distance depending on your screen --

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Please note, if you have two 150 watt heat bulbs it is probably too hot. Either way, vomiting causes dehydration so give him a short, lukewarm soak so he can drink or drip water on his snout slowly to give him a drink.

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
Please note, if you have two 150 watt heat bulbs it is probably too hot. Either way, vomiting causes dehydration so give him a short, lukewarm soak so he can drink or drip water on his snout slowly to give him a drink.
Oh no, the basking side is 150. The cooling side is probably like 70, 50? I forgot, but I can check if you really want. He also has 3 areas to cool down in and hide in, so he should be alright in that sense. Btw, random thing, I think there are mating crickets in his cage. I hear a ton of chirping and now I hear weird noises from one of their spots.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Oh no, the basking side is 150. The cooling side is probably like 70, 50? I forgot, but I can check if you really want. He also has 3 areas to cool down in and hide in, so he should be alright in that sense. Btw, random thing, I think there are mating crickets in his cage. I hear a ton of chirping and now I hear weird noises from one of their spots.
Please find them and get them out crickets should not be left in the tank - they will come out at night and bite your dragon causing infection-- please clean the tank out-

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom