My bearded dragon just regurgitated everything he ate yesterday

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
Please find them and get them out crickets should not be left in the tank - they will come out at night and bite your dragon causing infection-- please clean the tank out-
They almost never get left in the tank, my beardie is ferocious to anything that is smaller than it and can find them, and if not, I get them. These ones have been under the water bowl, which I can't look under or all of the water will spill out and I don't wanna clean it up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They almost never get left in the tank, my beardie is ferocious to anything that is smaller than it and can find them, and if not, I get them. These ones have been under the water bowl, which I can't look under or all of the water will spill out and I don't wanna clean it up.
Your tank needs to be cleaned- your asking for a very sick dragon w/ out the uvb is just the start but the fecal and other things he's going to get fungus and other skin ailments- one a good cause for yellow fungus which will kill the dragon -- just saying-

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening?
What are you measuring the tank temperatures with, a digital probe or a temp gun?
It sounds like he didn't digest very well at all. If the cooler end was 50F that is definitely
too cool & 70F is a bit cool as well. The basking temperatures do need to be in a range
of 95-105F to keep them at optimal temperatures to help with activity levels & digestion.
Were you able to find a better tube bulb for him for UVB?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening?
What are you measuring the tank temperatures with, a digital probe or a temp gun?
It sounds like he didn't digest very well at all. If the cooler end was 50F that is definitely
too cool & 70F is a bit cool as well. The basking temperatures do need to be in a range
of 95-105F to keep them at optimal temperatures to help with activity levels & digestion.
Were you able to find a better tube bulb for him for UVB?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie
He was very angry when i tried to clean out his cage and tried to bite me. I usually use a analog thing and leave it in there to check the temperature, basking side 101F, cooling side about 80

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He was very angry when i tried to clean out his cage and tried to bite me. I usually use a analog thing and leave it in there to check the temperature, basking side 101F, cooling side about 80
Those are inaccurate - surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- analogs are good for ambient only

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, you may have just scared him a bit, cleaning out his tank. Maybe try to coax him up onto
your hand before you clean out his tank again. Some of them get a little nervous if you put your hand
inside of their tank to do some cleaning.
As Karrie suggested, we all recommend measuring the temperatures with either a digital probe or a
temp gun to be sure of the basking & ambient temperatures.

Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom