My bearded dragon is missing and I’m devastated

Jarnome

Beardie name(s)
Rudy
My poor dragon has been missing for 6 days now. It’s been absolute hell and I am so worried about him.

He was sitting under a chair on the porch when I had to go inside for a second, and when I came back, he was gone. Obviously he wandered off, but how he could disappear so fast, I have no idea. I’ve searched EVERYWHERE, I’ve turned over every rock, I’ve asked all my neighbors to search through their yards, I’ve printed out fliers, put them up and handed them to people. I posted on the local community group and offered a reward for finding him. I’m searching every day, both old spots he usually hides in and new ones. But there isn’t a trace of him. It’s almost as if he’d vanished into thin air.

(And no a bird couldn’t have gotten him the day he was lost, it was 32°C/89°F outside and no such bird flies and hunts in this weather. Plus we don’t have any birds of prey or seagulls where I live.)

I’m just..I’m at my wits end, and I don’t know what to do. The whole community knows about him, parents are telling their kids to search etc. So somebody MUST have seen him by now, but no. There’s nothing.

I’m so worried about him. The weather is pretty warm, around 28-33°C during daytime and 19-24°C at night. But it’s August and the warm days are coming to an end and I’m SO SCARED for him. He will NOT survive my country’s winter. Plus it's supposed to start raining tomorrow! :(

Please, please if anyone has any similar stories with a happy ending, please share them. I really need to hear them right now. And any advice you have!! I miss him so bad. I don't want to lose hope and I don't want to grieve because he might still come back, but it's so hard and I'm a complete wreck.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My poor dragon has been missing for 6 days now. It’s been absolute hell and I am so worried about him.

He was sitting under a chair on the porch when I had to go inside for a second, and when I came back, he was gone. Obviously he wandered off, but how he could disappear so fast, I have no idea. I’ve searched EVERYWHERE, I’ve turned over every rock, I’ve asked all my neighbors to search through their yards, I’ve printed out fliers, put them up and handed them to people. I posted on the local community group and offered a reward for finding him. I’m searching every day, both old spots he usually hides in and new ones. But there isn’t a trace of him. It’s almost as if he’d vanished into thin air.

(And no a bird couldn’t have gotten him the day he was lost, it was 32°C/89°F outside and no such bird flies and hunts in this weather. Plus we don’t have any birds of prey or seagulls where I live.)

I’m just..I’m at my wits end, and I don’t know what to do. The whole community knows about him, parents are telling their kids to search etc. So somebody MUST have seen him by now, but no. There’s nothing.

I’m so worried about him. The weather is pretty warm, around 28-33°C during daytime and 19-24°C at night. But it’s August and the warm days are coming to an end and I’m SO SCARED for him. He will NOT survive my country’s winter. Plus it's supposed to start raining tomorrow! :(

Please, please if anyone has any similar stories with a happy ending, please share them. I really need to hear them right now. And any advice you have!! I miss him so bad. I don't want to lose hope and I don't want to grieve because he might still come back, but it's so hard and I'm a complete wreck.
Could he have gotten back into the house ? Or off the porch? Set out his basking light and some food try and lure him back - if you have a driveway check there first thing in the morning you might find him sunning himself warming up there--

Jarnome

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rudy
Could he have gotten back into the house ? Or off the porch? Set out his basking light and some food try and lure him back - if you have a driveway check there first thing in the morning you might find him sunning himself warming up there--
He has definitely wandered off the porch and further away, no idea which direction. I've checked all his favourite hiding places outside multiple times and no luck. I've briefly checked inside the house too but I don't believe he got in, I'm sure I would have noticed it. Plus our roomba has been going around and he would have freaked out at it. I'm checking my yard and driveway every day, multiple times a day :( I put out food too in different places but it's all still there.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He has definitely wandered off the porch and further away, no idea which direction. I've checked all his favourite hiding places outside multiple times and no luck. I've briefly checked inside the house too but I don't believe he got in, I'm sure I would have noticed it. Plus our roomba has been going around and he would have freaked out at it. I'm checking my yard and driveway every day, multiple times a day :( I put out food too in different places but it's all still there.
Ok sorry- we have had lots of people loose their dragons on here and most do find them-- they turn up eventually - keep looking is all I can say-

Jarnome

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rudy
Ok sorry- we have had lots of people loose their dragons on here and most do find them-- they turn up eventually - keep looking is all I can say-
Knowing that most beardies are found gives me hope! Thank you I will keep searching.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Don't just look under stuff beardies are semi aboreal, they xan and will climb bushes, fence post ect. I think they stick to about 3 ir 4 foot off the ground but they CAN climb if they need/want to.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I am so sorry that you are going through this. I too have heard success stories on this site so whatever you do, please don't give up! I wish you the very best and look forward to hearing your success story.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am hoping for a good ending here. As suggested, consider leaving a basking light out, or maybe
some type of food if possible. One strange way to try to see any movement is if you suspect he may
still be around the porch area, is to sprinkle some flour on the porch to see if he possibly was in that
area. It is a longshot, but you can use that method trying to find a pet snake in your home.
I assume you have checked under the house, or up in a tree?

Tracie

TFreak

Try to think like a beardie and I hope yu find it. Think, if I was a beardie what is my needs and where n how will I get these needs met. I think yu might have good luck that way and don’t forget they like to cool down too so don’t just think on the heat/basking side of things. Good luck!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any luck at all? Please keep us posted on your search, I hope that you will find him soon!

Tracie

Jarnome

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rudy
Hello,

Any luck at all? Please keep us posted on your search, I hope that you will find him soon!

Tracie
Hello,
Unfortunately no good news yet. Rudy is still missing and it's been rainy for a couple of days, so I assume he's hiding and sleeping somewhere. Tomorrow and the day after that will be sunny again, so I'm hoping. The local community is very aware of him, everyone we talk to knows about him and has looked through their garden. I also spotted a few kids with bicycles searching for him. I'm very thankful that people try to help and sympathize.

If I find him, I will be sure to update.

Kat8884

Beardie name(s)
Little Miss Poppins

I was just wondering if he missing from the Doncaster area by any chance?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom